Playful Talk

"This is not how you greet your owner. Kiss her feet first," Sin ordered Krystine, affectionately squeezing his wife closer. Krystine clenched her teeth in protest but nodded stiffly. She reluctantly got down on her knees and bowed to kiss her feet, but before her mouth could touch her feet, Nivi backed away. 

Krystine glanced up to meet her aghast expression. 

"What's wrong, baby?" Sin enquired, his concern growing. He thought she would be happy to see Krystine suffer. He had eavesdropped on her when she used to curse Krystine to the hell in her mirror. A few times he was half-convinced that the mirror was going to break because of her hard glare. He had plans for Krystine. This was just the beginning, he was going to make her life hell for hurting his beautiful wife. She'll pay for every tiny teardrop his woman had shed because of her. 

Krystine got to her feet and retreated a few steps. 

Nivi turned to Sin.

"What is she doing here?" she questioned. His features softened. He reached up and gently cradled her face. Colin almost fainted upon witnessing such gentleness from him. He rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. Krystine was no different.  

"She's your personal maid. Treat her however you like" he cooed, hoping it would earn him some brownie points with her. He was aching to be the reason for her smile, the reason for her happiness. 

But instead of rewarding him with a smile, she shot him a hot glare. She forcefully removed her hands from her cheeks. 

"I don't want her as my maid. Make her go," she hissed, making him frown in confusion. 

Colin was convinced he was dreaming. There was no way the man who couldn't tolerate people meeting his gaze was enduring a woman's glare.  

Sin on the other hand wasn't able to understand her anger. Why was she angry? Doesn't she want revenge? Everyone wants revenge. 

"But.." 

"I don't want her," Nivi cut him short before moving away and running upstairs. 

She closed the door with a loud bang and started pacing across her room. Her frustration was so bad that she wanted to pull her hair out. This freak was a hopeless case. She must have done some really bad things in her previous life to have him.

The door suddenly opened causing her to halt. 

"I thought you would like it," Sin remarked as he walked in. His expression was stern. She met his gaze. 

"Why would I like it?" she asked, turning herself towards him. He approached her in purposeful strides. 

"Don't you want to hurt her for hurting you?" he questioned, genuinely confused. The man had destroyed her career only to bring her to her knees in front of Nivi. 

Nivi frowned. 

"I am not evil," like you, she kept the last two words to herself. Sin smirked as he stood in front of her. Their footwear touching. 

"That I know. You are an angel who holds compassion even for monsters," he breathed, gazing down at her with love. Nivi blinked to clear her mind. The affection in his eyes would have melted her right away if he wasn't who he was. Why did he have to be a monster? 

"Not for monsters," she replied and swiveled to move away from him. She needed a solid minute away from him to collect her thoughts. She barely took a step away when he coiled his arms around her and gently drew her into his chest. Her shoulders stiffened as he put his chin on it. 

"Alright, not for all. Only for me," he teased playfully. She rolled her eyes.

"At least he agreed he's a monster," she mumbled to herself, but he heard. His mouth curved into a smile.