Aftermath

"Someone help..someone help..she is bleeding..help....help...." she bolted upright with a scream. Her eyes wide with horror scanned the dimly lit room. Trembling like a dry leaf, she was drenched in a cold sweat while tears kept streaming down her face. It was just a nightmare. No. It was a memory that had returned. After glancing out at the lone moon, she buried her face between her knees and cried silently. A memory that had haunted her for years. She knew why it came back. Yesterday's incident had triggered her past. That gloomy basement, Ben's battered corpse, and vicious laughter brought back the traumatic experience she had struggled so hard to put behind her. 

Nivi forcefully stepped out of her room. Her eyes reflected the deep sorrow within her.  An entire day had passed but she was still not able to get over last night's trauma. The way he kept stabbing Ben mercilessly....she felt suffocated under the crushing weight of guilt. He would be alive if she had rejected his help. She should have known this monster was above the law and authority. She should have known even an army of cops wouldn't be able to take him down. She should have known the extent of his power. 

She dragged her feet towards the dining area where that monster was awaiting her. The maid had showed up at her door this morning with the message that he was going to have dinner with her tonight. If only she had enough guts to refuse him. She was nothing but a puppet in his hand. 

"Thought you were going to make me wait," his deep voice laced with amusement echoed as soon as she entered the hall. She looked up from the floor and met his charcoal-grey eyes. His gaze- warm and playful. He stepped forward and grasped her hand in a gentle grip. With a nod of his head, he instructed the maid to leave them alone. Instead of giving an answer, Nivi lowered her gaze to his chest. The retreating footsteps of the maid slowly faded into the background.  

Smirking, he leaned closer to whisper in her ear, "I wouldn't have mind waiting for you." Her gaze snapped up to his. Liar. He would have broken her neck for making him wait. His carefree attitude after everything he did last night was only making her loathe him more. How can someone smile so easily after bombing a warehouse full of people? Holding her hand in his, he led her towards the table. She followed after him quietly, unwillingly.    

He sat down on his chair and surprised Nivi by pulling her onto his lap. Her yelp elicited a deep guttural chuckle from her.  

"Even air is heavier than you," he quipped, cocooning her in his arms. Nivi remained silent. Squeezing his captive closer to his chest, he drew his mouth to her ear.      

"How are you going to take my cock with such a fragile body of yours? I fear you'll die," he breathed hotly in her ear, causing her to shiver in his arms. Despite the seduction in tone, his words sounded more like a death warrant. If that happened, she would be dying a very shameful death.  

She clenched her fists tight as he caressed the shell of her ear with the tip of his tongue. 

"You should know that I am not planning to hold back with you," he added with a low, husky groan. Upon hearing his intention, tears burst forth in her eyes. How cruel was he? She struggled to keep her composure but a sniffle still escaped her. 

He pressed his mouth to her warm skin and began peppering kisses all over her neck, disregarding her sniffles. No woman in the world had received as many kisses from him as she did. He had never enjoyed a woman's company this much. His mouth lingered against the rhythm of her pulse, relishing each beat of her vein. 

"Ben was going to kill you after catching me," he whispered against her neck. She froze. 

He inched away to see her face. She was as astounded as he had expected. Grasping her jaw in a gentle yet firm grip, he angled her face towards him. Puzzled blue locked with unyielding silver.