Help From Unexpected Source

"Bernardi had called. You didn't get back to him after the meeting?" Mikhail enquired. 

"I must have forgotten. Talk to him on my behalf and finalize the deal," Sin answered, unbothered. His eyes were fixated on the screen. Mikhail observed him with a critical eye.

"You also forgot to meet Brunos last night. They waited for over an hour at the restaurant but you didn't show up. They even called you but you didn't pick up," Mikhail reminded him, his brows furrowed. It was so unlike Sin. He wasn't the one to take his business lightly.  

"Yes. I had other commitments," Sin responded nonchalantly. Mikhail knew exactly what commitment he was talking about. He exhaled a sigh and walked out of the door. His unbothered attitude was bothering him a lot now. Sin had been acting strangely for a few days. He had been neglecting his business as all his attention had now shifted to her.     

Mikhail wasn't oblivious to Sin's growing obsession with that young lady. And he was certain that his unhealthy fixation with her was going to ruin both of them in the end. The fact that he caged her just to keep her with him was terrifyingly alarming. He was well acquainted with Sin's dark and twisted nature, but it was even beyond his comprehension. Hell would break loose if Viviana got even wind of it. Mikhail realized he had to step in before his friend's obsession destroyed everything beyond repair. He sympathised with Nevaeh but he was more concerned for his friend. He had to do something before his friend spiraled into his own downfall, even if it meant betraying his trust. He couldn't let that girl become his weakness. 

.....

"Enjoying your job?" Chloe asked after taking a sip of her coffee. They were in a coffee shop, having coffee. Chloe had visited her nanna today  

"Yeah, it's fine, I guess. I am learning," Nivi responded with a fake smile. The last part was true. She was learning to not feel and submit without a fight. 

"You don't look happy?" Chloe noted. Realization dawned on her features and she continued," You are not happy? What's your job about anyway? you haven't told me a thing." 

"I am an assistant to a businessman's wife. You know these rich people need assistants for everything," she shrugged casually in her attempt to look unbothered. 

"They don't like visitors and that's the reason I can't invite you even if I want to," she added. Chloe nodded in understanding. Nivi distracted her before she could ask more questions and steered the conversation to something else. 

"Guess who visited our office yesterday?" Chloe asked, grinning ear to ear. 

"Who?" Nivi asked, confused.

"Sin Volkov," she chirped. Nivi froze. Her face lost all its color. 

Chloe, oblivious to her reaction, let out a dramatic sigh. Nivi quickly composed her expression and lowered her gaze on the table.   

"Boy, is he handsome," Chloe sighed wistfully, a dreamy look in her eyes before they suddenly lit with curiosity and she continued, "You've seen him, right? Dude, why didn't you tell me he is a legit Greek God in the flesh? Girls in my office went absolutely crazy over him. And.." Chloe trailed off, breaking into a hearty laugh. 

"My boss, Audrey, the poor woman did everything she could to attract his attention but he didn't even glance her way more than once. That slut opened up her shirt buttons and kept thrusting her fake tits in his face during the meeting only to..." the girl burst into another laughter. Nivi was listening to her inanimately. 

"He said "If you are done pushing it in my face, I would like to read the file," she narrated, laughing. Nivi's eyes turned wide in surprise.

"He was rude," Nivi replied, surprised by his response. She had expected him to take her up on her offer. His high libido and obsession with sex were enough of a reason for him to accept the offer.