48

Third Person's Point of View

Jeno stood in front of a bathroom door. Inside it was El Señor and his maid.

Jeno could hear the maid's screams and pleads.

"Bastard." He whispered underneath his breath. He was more aggravated when he imagined Haera under the hands of an abuser like El Señor and Diego. Jeno couldn't deny the possibility of Haera being touched against her will, especially that he knows what she had gone through with El Señor.

He held onto the doorknob with his left hand, his right hand waiting to pull the trigger of his gun.

I will kill you no matter what.

Jeno angrily thought to himself.

He was ready to twist the doorknob open when a voice spoke in his earpiece. "Don't go there, Jeno." It was Jaemin. "I can see you through a camera. Don't fight him alone."

"Now is my time to kill hi—"

"No." Jaemin cut Jeno off. "His men are on their way to his room. They heard about the dead bodyguards outside his door."

Fuck.

Jeno sighed. He was so close to having El Señor dead.

"Do I have time to run out?" Jeno asked, pulling away from the doorknob.

"No. They're near the door, Jeno. You have to hide." Anxiousness ran over Jaemin's body.

"Damn it." Jeno silently stressed and ran to the veranda. He looked down from the third floor and contemplated on whether he was going to jump from it.

"They're opening the door, Jeno!" Jaemin interjected.

"Fuck it." Jeno cursed and jumped to the backdoor. It was then that the door to El Señor's room opened. The bodyguards were in a state of panic upon not seeing El Señor in his room.

Jeno landed on his right arm and groaned in pain.

"You alright, Captain?" Mark asked, worry rushing through his voice.

Jeno did not reply and tried to contain all the pain in his body. He couldn't risk to be heard by any men.

"Jeno, what happened to you?" Taeyong asked while making his way to the living room silently.

"He jumped." Jaemin's eyebrows met. He was shocked with how Jeno jumped mindlessly.

Several voices saying "What?" echoed through Jeno's earpiece.

"I'm... okay." Jeno said breathlessly.

"They're already aware that there's an intruder. Diego's stupid dogs are all over the place." Lucas spoke.

"How are we going to find Eight in this situation?" Doyoung's eyebrow raised.

Mark held onto his gun. He was crouched behind a table in the kitchen, thinking of where Diego could have hidden Haera.

This house looks like a damn house. Why is there nothing special here?

Mark thought. He was desperate to find answers.