Chapter 34: Protect Baratie! The Great Pirate, Red Foot Zeff

Zeff is now walking away and the chefs are shocked.

"What're you doing?!"

"What're you thinking?!"

"If we revive even those on the ship, our restaurant will be completely taken over!"

Zeff stops walking." If they have the will to fight, that is."

"!!"

Zeff turns to face Krieg. "Right, defeated warrior of the Grand Line?"

Krieg"?!"

"C...Cant be...."

"Don Krieg is a defeated warrior...."

Carne:" Then even the ruler of the East Blur couldn't... Even the pirate fleet with 50 ships couldn't sail across..."

Luffy:" Grand Line?"

Krieg:" Y....You must be Red Foot Zeff! So you are alive...
An incomparable pirate who was a cook and yet also a captain..."

Yushiro raises an eyebrow.

Zeff:" So what if i'm alive? It has nothing to do with you.
As you can see, i live as a cook now."

Krieg:" HehHahahahhahah! If you put it that way, it sounds nice...though rather than living as a cook, it looks like you can live only as a cook.

Krieg:" But you no longer have that precious leg of yours...I've heard the rumor...
How unlucky for you to have an accident at sea...
To you, losing one of your legs must mean you are unable to fight."

Zeff:" What about fighting? I can cook without a leg as long as i have these hands. What're you trying to say? Just come right out and say it!"

Krieg smirks. "Red Foot Zeff. You're the man who once entered the Grand Line and came back unhurt...
There should be a logbook with the full year of your journey chronicled in it...Give that to me!"

Luffy:" Whoa! You've been to the Grand Line, too, pops?"

Zeff:" Yeah....My logbook, huh? Indeed, i have it with me. But i can't give it to you."

Krieg:"?!"

Zeff:" The logbook is the pride of all the crewmen that i traveled with. It's too important to give it to you."

Krieg:" Then, i'll just take it from you by force. It's true that i fell from thr Grand Line. Even if thats the case, im still Don Krieg, the strongest man.

Yushiro:" More like dirtiest, but okay."

Sanji, who is sitting next to him, gives him a warning look. Yushiro just gives him an innocent one back.

Sanji rubs his head. 'His big mouth and insulting words are gonna get him killed. Wait....he cant be killed....oh well.'

Krieg:" It's merely a dark sea route. To sail across it, i had enough power...and forces....as well as ambition!
The only thing that was regrettable was that i lacked information. I just didnt know things. Ill take your logbook. And ill form a large pirate fleet again and seize the One Piece.
And then, ill stand on top in this Great Pirate Era!"