What Are Pet Names? (eNVy)

Holy sht. ✨NxV✨

Feast my children 🥰
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been a while since N and V had become a couple. N has been showing his new lover tons and tons and more tons of affection. Be it hugs, kisses, cuddles, compliments, gifts, you name it. Golden boy just wants to be the best boyfriend he can to his V.

The lady on the other hand, she isn't as clingy as N but is just more on the "anti romantic" side of their relationship. In fact, V tries to avoid the affection as much as she can but her personal space in mostly invaded by N 90% of the time. Guess that's a small price to pay when you're dating the literal embodiment of a golden retriever.

Other than N being over affectionate and V being not used to it, the woman is actually beginning in being more open to talking, venting, and exposing her soft side to N. Golden boy is also beginning to be more tough and cracking his soft shell with V around him. You could say that they bring out the best whenever they're with eachother.

Whenever V is just being rarely affectionate to N, N's visor stains with yellow blush with V calling him "babe". He doesn't even know what that means.

After another one of V's successful hunting sessions, she came back to N at the landing pod, pushing a dead body with her peg leg. Then she softly smiled and put her hands on her hips.

"Hey babe. I got some extra oil for ya. Eat up." V said with her normal, serious tone yet it was more lighter.

N blushed, chuckling shyly while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Thanks, V! Really appreciate it!" He said, planting a soft kiss on her fore-visor where V blushed slightly to.

V kissed N softly yet akwardly since she wasn't used to it yet. N kissed V back lovingly, gently holding her face in his hands, pulling her closer. After their romantic moment, V smiled and blushed while holding N's hands in hers, interlocking them. The taller one grinned and giggled like a little boy who just got candy from the candy store and that made V blush even more. He just had to be so cute...

That was one of the many reasons why V loved N so much. He was handsome, sweet, childish, an idiot, sympathetic, pretty much everything. She could go on and on all about it. N thought the same thing too. The spark when they first touched, it really was a sign they were meant to be together. Call it cheesy but who cares?

Then V went to the landing pod to let N eat the corpse she brought for him. As N drank and ate up, he decided to ask V why she was calling him "babe" instead of his one letter name and what it meant.

~•°{}°•~

"Hey V?" N called out to V, peeking through the door post while she was sitting in the pilot's chair in the landing pod with her legs crossed and blowing bubbles with her bubble wand.

His girlfriend looked up and responded, raising an eyebrow.

"What do you want?"

N then sat down on the other chair, beginning to speak.

"So uh... Why do you call me 'babe'? What's babe?" N innocently asked, cocking his head to the side curiously.

V blushed then she crossed her arms against her chest, speaking seriously.

"It's a pet name"

"What's a pet name?", N asked again

The woman exhaled sharply, looking at her boyfriend in disbelief. Did he really not know what a pet name was? It was so obvious... V sighed and explained.

He's so cute... V thought.

"It's something you call a loved one besides their name. A lover. A partner. A sweet name you can call them like 'sweetheart', 'honey', 'dear' and what I call you. 'Babe'. You can only call that to a lover since yeah... It's akward."

N's digital eyes lit up and smiled, his tail wagging a lot.

"I'm gonna call you sweetheart!"

V chuckled softly, putting a hand on N's shoulder.

"Anything you say, baby."

"I'm going to call you all kinds of stuff! More sweet names than what you mentioned earlier!"

"I love you, N."

N giggled.

"Love you too, sweetheart!"