70th Chapter!

💊 Poppin' Pillz 💊

It was a chill hang out, nothing more. Nika was even generous enough to bring her own snacks and everything! Thursday was supposed to be marathon night.

The one thing she came to gotham for. She waited and waited for Damian to come home. She then she sat on his bed, and sorted out the pillows in a comfy manner. 

But she knew she'd get board eventually. School ended an hour ago. Damian always keeps her waiting, while she actually tries..

The white haired girl shook that out of her head. Damian tries too. He loves her- 'not enough to show up' that self doubt whispers into her mind.

'Damian. Loves. Me.' Nika mentally repeats.

She sighs and reorganizes the snacks again for the 4th time.

After that the door opens, her face lights up with joy.

Until she sees his face.

"Nika-  sorry I'm late," he muttered, rubbing his eyes and throwing his bag onto the desk.

Nika's expression turned concerned. Eyebags and dry lips? Damian cared too much wbout hid face for that.

 "....You're always 'late.' You end up disappearing for hours after school without telling me where you're going or what you're doing when we made plans..." She frowned, "What's going on?"

"Vigilante work. Patrol gets rougher with each day. I promise I won't bail on you again." Damian gives her a small smile- Nika senses as fake.

But she might be imagining things.

She nods with a smile.

About an hour later they're cuddled up under the blanket with pillows bundled up like a nest.

Of course they're watching anime.

Connor suggested Death Note for them to watch. It wasn't really gruesome but cool.

Damian leans in and lays on her shoulder. He likes the coldness of her body, like hugging death who showed up at your door.

Nika's some what drowsy as her eyes fluttered. Or she's really happy amd content. Damian feels her long fingers run through his hair. It's soothing his head and untensing his muscles. Suddently Nika reached to grab a bottle of gatorade.

You may think, no problem....but no.

In that second Damian's gut twisted as he realized he'd left his pills on the nightstand. He quickly pushed himself up, trying to snatch them with his hand, but it was too late. Nika had already grabbed them instead.

Her eyes squinted in the dark, trying to read the label.

"Mela-toe-nin? Melatonin?" she asked, her voice laced with skepticism. She didn't want to be nosy but- "Why are you taking melatonin?"

Damian breathed out, feeling a surge of frustration. "It's just a prescription from a doctor, okay? I've been having trouble sleeping."

Nika's eyes softened in guilt for pushing that answer and concern for his schedule. 

"You're always having trouble sleeping when ever we do this. You never fall asleep over the night. Is this because of me? I heard some people can only fall asleep when they feel safe. But I guess you don't feel that level of safe around me yet, Is that it?"