N - 1 / Snowdin - Shenanigans

After proceeding forward, Chara is met with a strange new type of puzzle on the ground.

Luckily for her, there was a sign explaining the process and how to solve the puzzle.

*Walk over all the tiles a single time. Tiles that have detected weight multiple times will cycle through three different colors/shapes. Once all of the colors match return to the first pressure plate to solve the puzzle.

*P.S. Don't step on the pressure plate before matching all of the colors. It will reset the puzzle. You have been warned.

The puzzle looked easy enough. It only has two tiles with snow piles placed so that someone couldn't just walk from one to the other by walking in a straight line.

Chara quickly solved it, being very careful not to step on the pressure plate before activating the second tile.

She continues forward after hearing the thunk that signifies a successful puzzle completion.

This time Papyrus is there waiting, seemingly pondering something.

He quickly turned around as Chara approached.

"Ah! Human!"

"......"

"You see... I was trying to set up a puzzle to finally stump you. However, I have encountered a problem... it seems that I have forg— I mean misplaced the solution."

"Oh... right."

"Not only that, but the wind has blown away some of the immaculate details that I have put into its design! I cannot believe this."

Looking over said design, Chara uncovered that it was simply a crudely done Papyrus skull, colored tiles replacing eye sockets, teeth, and contours.

"Hold on, let me call Sans, maybe he knows how to solve this."

*~*~*~*

"Sans! Come help me solve this puzzle!"

"What do you mean you can't?!?"

"You've said you were going to pick that sock up 7 times already!"

"Fine, that sock better not be in the same place when I get home!"

*Click*

"Sorry human, Sans is lazing off again. I'll try to remember the solution, but you can still try if you want."

Chara nodded.  She still wasn't comfortable talking with him yet. 

Some thinks should stay hidden. The fact that Papyrus somehow knew what happened unnerved her.

She walked around for a bit, trying different paths in attempts to solve the strange puzzle, but every single time left her with one or two unactivated tiles left in unreachable spots, places that she couldn't reach without messing up other tiles.

Chara sighed as she returned to the pressure plate to reset the puzzle for another attempt.

"Human, have you found the answer?"

She shook her head.

"Hm... maybe we can be a little more lenient with this one..."

It seems that Papyrus was also having trouble with this puzzle.

He walked over and knocked over a snow pile, causing Chara to wonder why she hadn't just jumped over or knocked down the snow pile.

Papyrus walked back and continued to stare at it in confusion. However, with this slight adjustment, a lightbulb flashed in her head. A perfect path that couldn't be achieved before was now possible.