Chapter 36

Lily had gotten everyone in the house sick so the stomach flu was stuck in the Bailey household for at least a week and a half. But today is the day Noel goes to the doctor's office to see if she can get her cast off. Noel was getting ready when she heard Madison call her downstairs. "Noel come on" Madison said. "I'm coming" Noel yelled. Noel got up and hopped downstairs. "I could've helped you." Madison said as she saw Noel take a break at the last stair. "I know" Noel said. Noel crutched to the car while Madison followed. "Mom what if I can't do gymnastics anymore." Noel said. "Let's not think about that." Madison said. Noel shut the door and then listened to her music. "You know you can play your music on here." Madison said. "You wouldn't like it." Noel said. "You play it for Mariah why don't you play it for me?" Madison asked. "I don't know why are you so up my ass." Noel said. "I am not up your ass." Madison said as she parked the car. "Yes you are. You've been up my ass since Christmas and then even more after you read my notes. I'm sick of it." Noel said. Noel opened the door and crutched inside. "Hey Noel you can head back into the room on your right while we have your mom fill out paperwork." The front desk lady said. "Ok thank you." Noel said as she started to crutch off. "Madison can we have you fill out this paperwork here while we have Noel checked out." The front desk lady said. "Why can't I go back there with her?" Madison said. "Doctors orders." The front desk lady said. Madison just sat down and filled out the paper work. "Alright Noel let's get this cast off and then we will go get an xray." The doctor said. "Where's my mom?" Noel said. "She's just filling out paperwork." The doctor said. Noel just sighed and then watched as the doctor took her cast off. "Eww my leg is so hairy." Noel said. "I've seen worse." The doctor said. "On a girl?" Noel said. "No one a guy his leg was hairy and it stank really bad your leg doesn't smell that bad." The doctor said. Noel just took a picture of her leg and then got into the wheelchair. The doctor took her to get an xray and when she came back Madison was in the room. "She'll have to be in a boot and on crutches for two to four weeks. And then after that she'll be fitted for a brace. But she can start physical therapy now." The doctor said. "Should she do the exercises at home too?" Madison asked. "Definitely unless her therapist tells her otherwise." The doctor said. Once they left Noel went back to listening to her music. Noel was just sitting there until Madison tapped her. "What do you want." Noel said. "Why are you so upset with me?" Madison said. Noel went back to playing her music and tuned out Madison. Madison pulled up to the house and Noel started to get out. As Noel was getting out Madison stopped her. "Let me go inside please." Noel said. "No I want to know why you think I'm up your ass all the time." Madison said. "Because you are and you know it I can't do anything without you being a helicopter." Noel said. "I am not a helicopter." Madison said. "Yes you are now I'm going inside." Noel said. "No you're not." Madison said. "Get your damn hands off of me." Noel said as she twisted Madison's arm. "Noel let her go." Mariah said as she came outside. Noel let Madison go and she saw the pain she caused Madison. "No no what did you do?" Lily said. "Don't call me that you little shit." Noel said. "Noel" Mariah yelled. Noel grabbed her crutches and went inside. "Mommy are you ok?" Lily said. "I'm fine. She's strong as shit." Madison said. Mariah went inside with Lily and Madison when they heard Noel scream. Madison and Mariah went to go check while Lily stayed downstairs.

Noel scream had came from her bathroom. "Noel open the door please." Mariah said. Noel opened the door and she was holding a razor blade. Noel had fell into Mariah's arms and she kept apologizing for everything. Madison was on the phone with 911 while Mariah was holding a towel over Noel's wrist. "I don't want to die yet please don't let me die." Noel chocked out. "Maddie" Mariah cried. Madison had went downstairs to go let the paramedics inside. "I love you tell Maddie that too." Noel chocked out before she passed out. "Noel come on wake up please." Mariah said. The paramedics took over while a police officer went to talk with Mariah and Madison. "She only slit one of her wrists correct." The officer said. "Yes she screamed before she even slit the other one." Madison said. "Well she'll have to be under suicide watch at the hospital." The officer said. "Really John like they don't know that already." Another officer said. Noel was taken to the hospital while Mariah went with her and Madison just stayed behind so she could watch Lily. The officers ended up leaving and Lily had come out her room. "Mommy is Noel dead?" Lily said. "No baby she's just not doing the best." Madison said. "Mommy you're lying and Mama says lying isn't good." Lily said. "Noel might be dead and she might not be." Madison said before she started crying again. "It's ok Mommy you have to think positive that's what I read in my book for school. If you think positive Noel will be ok and then she can come home." Lily said as she wiped Madison's face. "I'm trying baby." Madison hiccuped. "Mamas calling." Lily said as she took Madison's phone. "Lily give me my phone please." Madison said. Lily answered the phone and then gave it back to Madison. "She's alive but she's in a coma." Madison said. Madison was talking with Mariah on the phone when Lily heard a knock at the door. Lily saw that it was Charlotte so she opened the door. "Charlotte what are you doing here?" Madison said. "Noel texted me she was gonna." Charlotte said as she mouthed the words kill herself. "Is she ok?" Charlotte said. "She's in a coma at the moment but she's alive." Madison said as she hung up her phone. "Where's her phone?" Charlotte asked. "In the bathroom still." Madison said. Charlotte ran upstairs and grabbed her phone. Charlotte went on Noel's phone and saw messages from Noel's real mom. "Maddie I think you should see this." Charlotte said. Madison went over by Charlotte and looked at Noel's phone. "Her mom's been texting her and telling her that me and Mariah aren't good moms." Madison said. "Maddie that is not true you two are great moms. She doesn't know what she's talking about." Charlotte said. "Read the letters she wrote." Madison said. Charlotte looked through Noel's notes and found one of the letters. "She's sick of feeling like a burden whenever she's around you guys especially with her being injured right now." Charlotte said. "She's never been a burden I didn't know she felt like that. Why didn't I check on her more." Madison said. "You didn't know and now you can when she wakes up." Charlotte said. Madison just started crying and Charlotte just rubbed her back. "Noel was right you always look pretty even when you're crying." Charlotte said. "I do not look pretty right now." Madison cried. "Take the compliment." Charlotte said. Madison just laughed and then went back to crying.