sick days

Tara whines and clings to Amber, her head buried in her chest. "You're really warm, baby," Amber says.

"You feeling better?" Tara shakes her head and sniffles. "my head hurts. and my stomach. and i feel weak." "Do you wanna go eat love?" Tara shakes her head.

"Okay, well I'm gonna go make dinner. you have to eat something okay my love?" Tara nods and clings to Amber. "Come on, baby."

Amber helps Tara stand and walks her to the kitchen.

Amber picks Tara up and sets her on the counter, kissing her softly. Amber stares at Tara's droopy eyes and runny nose, her eyes filled with concern.

"You probably have a cold, love. Remember when we went to the rockwall and it started raining? you said you wanted to stay longer so we stayed?"

Tara nods and buries her head in Amber's shoulder.

She kisses Tara's neck and suck softly. Tara moans quietly, pushing Amber away.

"Do you want dinner or what?" "I don't know..." Amber sighs.

"I'll make you a sandwich, okay, babygirl?" Tara nods.

She clings to Amber and watches lazily as she makes her sandwich. "you're so cute,"

Amber says quietly.

She grabs a paper plate from the top of the fridge and sets the sandwich on it, helping Tara off the counter and to the couch.

Tara yawns and climbs into Amber's lap, cuddling into her arms.

"did you sleep at all while we were cuddling?" Tara shakes her head. "No.." She says quietly. Amber smiles softly and rubs Tara's back. Tara grabs the sandwich and brings it to her mouth, taking a weak bite. "You'll be better tomorrow." "Do you wanna watch a movie? call sam?" Tara nods, asking if Amber can invite everyone over. "I mean, you might get them sick. " You're p-p-probably gonna get sick too.." Tara whispers weakly. "It's worth it. atleast you're comfy." "I can w-wear a mask?" Tara suggests. "Okay."

Mindy picks up her phone and hears Amber's voice quietly on the other line. "Hey Tara wants you guys over, get the group." "Okay, what's wrong though?" "She's sick. she said she wants to have a movie marathon."

"Get the popcorn and shit, I'll pay you back."

Mindy sighs. "okay." 

When Mindy arrives, she sees a slightly sweaty and flustered Tara clinging to a grinning Amber.

" did you just fuck?" Tara cuddles tighter to Amber, yawning. "Baby, you said you'd stay up,"

"I know, i am..." She says quietly. Amber rubs Tara's back as their friends come through the door.

Sam sits on the couch next to Tara. "Hey, Tara. I heard you're sick?"

Tara nods, mumbling, "either the flu or a cold," "most likely a cold," Amber hums, brushing Tara's hair out of her face. "we can go upstairs anytime you want, okay? just say it."

Anima and Quin  prepare the snacks, leaving wine and sodas on the counter.

they place 3 bowls of popcorn on the table, followed by red solo cups and bottles of soda.

"you want some popcorn babe?" Amber asks Tara gently.

She nods.

Amber grabs a cup and scoops up some popcorn, filling the cup before handing it to Tara.

"Sam, move," Tara says sharply. Amber looks over and sees Tara pushing Sam off the couch.

Sam scoffs, growling and moving onto the bigger couch.

Amber turns on her playlist of movies and watches as Tara struggles to keep her eyes open, flinching at every thud or scream from the movie. "Are you tired?" Amber asks.

Tara nods. "But i w-wanna stay d-down here, please?"

She says gently. Amber nods, opening her arms and wrapping her arms around her smaller girlfriend's waist as she crawls into her lap.

Amber runs her hands through her hair, brushing it back soothingly.

Tara yawns, burying her head in Amber's arms.

"Are you guys about to have sex?" Chad asks. Amber scowls as Tara flinches at the sudden noise, beginning to rub her back.

eventually, Tara falls asleep in Amber's arms, legs wrapped around her and her head on her shoulder.

"You're sleeping like a fucking baby," Amber whispers to Tara. Tara wakes up and climbs off Amber's lap.

"I wanna keep...watching.."

Tara says tiredly. Amber rubs Tara's back gently and hums softly to her until she falls asleep. "Amber..?" Tara whimpers.

"Can i have some more popcorn? and some drink?"

"what kind, baby?" "The...the..mhm.." Tara mumbles, yawning.

"I'll get you some soda, okay?" "No..i want wine.." "Okay, love."

Amber grabs two cups, filling one with popcorn and the other with a small shot of wine. "Here, love. go to sleep, baby. I love you." "I love...t-too.."  Tara buries her head in Amber's neck and falls asleep in Amber's arms, snorig softly. "good girl," Amber praises, rubbing Tara's back, humming softly.