Chapter 9

When Jimin and Jungkook arrived at the house, they were met with surprise from Jimin's parents.

"Oh, you two came together?" Mrs. Park said, a bit surprised. "We thought you'd be arriving with Yoongi and Iseul."

Jimin chuckled nervously. "Yeah, we ended up coming together. Yoongi had to finish up some work, and Iseul had some errands to run."

Mr. Park nodded, a playful glint in his eye. "Well, it's good to see you both, even if we didn't expect you to come together."

As they moved into the kitchen to help with the preparations, the atmosphere was filled with the comforting sounds and smells of home cooking. Jimin and Jungkook seamlessly joined in, helping with the chopping, stirring, and setting the table.

"So, how are things with Yoongi, Jiminie?" Mrs. Park asked, her tone curious but caring.

Jimin smiled, feeling a mix of warmth and uncertainty. "They're good, Mom. We're working through some stuff, but we're getting there."

Mrs. Park nodded, then turned her attention to Jungkook. "And you, Jungkook? How are things with Iseul?"

Jungkook hesitated for a moment, forcing a smile. "It's been a bit tough lately, Mrs. Park. We're working on it."

Mr. Park chuckled, a nostalgic smile on his face. "You know, back when you two were in college, your mom and I thought you would end up together. You were inseparable."

Jimin's face also reddened as he looked down, a shy smile playing on his lips. "Dad, come on," he said, trying to laugh it off.

Jungkook's cheeks also turned a soft shade of pink as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Yeah, we were pretty close," he said, glancing at Jimin with a small smile.

Mrs. Park smiled warmly. "You two have always been like family. It's good to see that bond still strong."

Jimin felt a pang of emotion, grateful for the bond he shared with Jungkook. "Yeah, it is. No matter what, we've always had each other's backs."

They continued working in comfortable silence, the weight of their current struggles seemed lighter, replaced by the comforting presence of family and shared history.

The doorbell rang, and Mrs. Park wiped her hands on a towel before hurrying to answer it. Moments later, the voices of Yoongi and Iseul filled the house as they entered.

"We're here!" Iseul called out cheerfully.

Jimin exchanged a quick glance with Jungkook, who took a deep breath. "Here we go," Jungkook muttered under his breath.

They walked out of the kitchen to greet the their lovers. Jimin felt a twinge of nerves as he saw Yoongi, but he pushed it aside, focusing on the warmth of the family gathering.

Yoongi smiled at Jimin as they approached. "Hey love," he said softly.

"Hey," Jimin replied, his heart lifting at the sight of Yoongi.

Iseul gave Jungkook a quick peck on the cheek. "Hi, Kookie," she said brightly. Jungkook smiled weakly, trying to mask his earlier distress.

As everyone settled around the dining table, the atmosphere was filled with the warm aroma of home-cooked food and the comforting sounds of family chatter. Jimin's parents sat at the head of the table, beaming at their children and their partners.

"So, how have you and Jungkook been, Iseul?" Mrs. Park asked, her eyes twinkling with curiosity.

Iseul smiled brightly, her voice light and cheerful. "Oh, we've been wonderful, Mom. Jungkook is such a caring husband. Just the other day, he surprised me with breakfast in bed and a beautiful bouquet of flowers."