Chapter 10

Jimin gently wiped his sister's tears and offered her a reassuring smile. "Let's go back inside," he said softly.

As they walked back into the house, their parents noticed Iseul's puffy eyes and looked concerned. "What happened? Why do you look like you've been crying?" Mrs. Park asked, her voice filled with worry.

Iseul quickly forced a smile, trying to mask her emotions. "Oh, it's nothing, Mom. Jimin and I just had a heart-to-heart. We haven't had much time to catch up lately, and I guess I got a bit emotional."

Jimin nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it's been a while since we really talked. Just a lot of pent-up emotions."

Their parents exchanged glances but didn't press further, accepting the explanation. However, Jimin noticed that Yoongi, who had arrived while they were outside, seemed a bit alarmed. His eyes flickered with concern, but not for Jimin—it was for Iseul.

Jimin couldn't help but wonder why Yoongi looked so worried. Had he noticed something about Iseul's behavior that he hadn't? Yoongi's gaze lingered on Iseul for a moment longer before he turned his attention back to the rest of the family, trying to join in the conversation.

As the evening wound down, Mr. Park leaned back in his chair and looked around the table at his family. "Why don't you all stay the night? It's been a while since we had everyone under one roof."

Jimin smiled, glancing at Yoongi. "What do you think, love? Should we stay?"

Yoongi hesitated before shaking his head. "I'm sorry, but I have to go somewhere early in the morning. You stay, Jimin. It'll be good for you to spend time with your family."

Mrs. Park's face fell slightly. "Oh, Yoongi, we were hoping you'd stay too."

Yoongi gave her an apologetic smile. "I know, and I'm sorry. But I'll make it up to you next time."

Jimin nodded, though he felt a pang of disappointment. "Alright, just be safe, okay?"

"Of course," Yoongi replied, giving Jimin a quick kiss on the cheek. He said his goodbyes and left, leaving Jimin, Jungkook, and Iseul behind.

As the door closed behind Yoongi, Mrs. Park looked at the remaining three. "Well, let's get you all settled in. Jimin, you can have your old room. Jungkook, you can take the guest room."

Iseul interjected, "Mom, Jungkook and I can share my old room. It's more comfortable."

Mrs. Park looked a bit surprised but nodded. "Alright then. Let's get you all set up."

Later, as they settled into their respective rooms, Jimin found himself lying on his old bed, memories of simpler times flooding back. He could hear faint murmurs from Iseul and Jungkook's room, but he tried to push his worries aside, focusing on the fact that he was surrounded by family.

Meanwhile, in Iseul's room, Jungkook was still shaken by the earlier confrontation. Iseul, sensing his unease, lay beside him, resting her head on his shoulder. "Jungkook, you know I love you, right? I don't mean to be so hard on you."

Jungkook nodded, though he remained silent, staring at the ceiling. He knew they had a lot to work through, but for now, he was too exhausted to confront it further.

As the morning sun filtered through the curtains, casting a soft glow across the room, Iseul turned to Jungkook, her expression serious.

"Jungkook, we need to talk," she began, her tone lacking the sweetness she often used around her parents.

Jungkook nodded, already feeling a sense of dread building in his chest. "Okay, what is it?"

Iseul took a deep breath. "I've been hard on you, and I know that. But you have to understand, everything I do, I do because you need to be a better husband. You need to support me the way I need to be supported."