Chapter 35

Yoongi stepped out of the elevator and walked down the hallway to the hotel room he shared with Iseul. As he approached, he noticed the door was slightly ajar.

His heart skipped a beat, and he rushed in, only to find the room in disarray. Furniture was overturned, and personal belongings were strewn across the floor.

In the middle of the chaos stood Iseul, her face marked by a red, hand-shaped bruise. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she looked up at Yoongi with wide, fearful eyes.

"Yoongi!" she cried, rushing into his arms. "I'm so glad you're back."

Yoongi held her, confusion and concern mixing in his mind. "What happened here, Iseul? Are you okay?"

Iseul's body trembled as she clung to him, her sobs intensifying. "It was Jimin oppa," she whispered. "He came here earlier. He...he was furious. He slapped me and trashed the room."

Yoongi's eyes widened in shock. "Jimin did this?"

She nodded, her voice shaky. "Yes. He was so angry about everything. I tried to calm him down, but he wouldn't listen."

Yoongi's mind reeled. He knew Jimin was upset about the situation, but he couldn't believe his friend would resort to violence. He gently pulled away from Iseul, looking into her eyes. "Did he say anything specific?"

Iseul sniffled, wiping her eyes. "He kept yelling about how I ruined everything, how I betrayed him and Jungkook. He said he couldn't believe I was staying here with you."

Yoongi's grip tightened on her shoulders. "I'm so sorry, Iseul. I'll talk to Jimin. This isn't like him at all."

Iseul buried her face in his chest, her sobs softening. "I'm scared, Yoongi. What if he comes back?"

Yoongi stroked her hair, trying to calm her. "He won't. I'll make sure of it. But I need to understand what pushed him to this. I'll talk to him and get to the bottom of it."

Iseul nodded, her tears beginning to subside. "Okay. Thank you, Yoongi."

As Yoongi continued to comfort her, his mind raced with thoughts of how to handle the situation. He couldn't shake the nagging feeling that something wasn't right, but for now, he focused on calming Iseul and assuring her that he would take care of everything.

Suddenly, Iseul pulled back slightly, looking up at Yoongi with a new fear in her eyes. "Yoongi, what if oppa comes back and...and hurts the baby?"

Yoongi froze, his heart skipping a beat. "Is it that bad?" he repeated, his voice barely above a whisper.

Iseul nodded, placing a trembling hand on her abdomen. "The fact that we only found out last week, I'm terrified. What if oppa comes back and hurts us? Hurts our baby?"

Yoongi's mind spun. His protective instincts flared up, and he tightened his hold on Iseul. "Iseul, I won't let anything happen to you or our baby. I'll make sure Jimin stays away from you."

Tears welled up in Iseul's eyes again. "Yoongi, you have to understand. Oppa's anger is out of control. He could come back at any moment."

Yoongi's jaw clenched as he tried to process the weight of her words. He knew Jimin well, but the picture Iseul painted was one of a man unrecognizable to him. "I won't let that happen. I'll talk to Jimin, and I'll make sure he understands. He won't come near you again."

Iseul's sobs softened, but her fear remained palpable. "Yoongi, please. I need you to promise me. Promise me you'll keep us safe."

Yoongi looked into her eyes, his own filled with determination. "I promise, Iseul. I'll protect you and our baby, no matter what."

As Yoongi held Iseul, his mind raced with thoughts of confronting Jimin. He couldn't recognize the Jimin he knew with the image Iseul described. But for now, his priority was clear: he had to protect Iseul and their unborn child.

Meanwhile, Jungkook decided to surprise Jimin by visiting his workplace. After all, they had both been through so much, and he wanted to show his support and appreciation for Jimin's consistent love and care.

He left the office early, making his way to the company where Jimin worked. As he entered the building, he spotted Taehyung in the lobby.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook called out, waving.

Taehyung looked up, surprised to see him. "Jungkook! What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to surprise Jimin," Jungkook explained, smiling. "Where is he?"

Taehyung's expression shifted to one of concern. "Jimin's not here today. He called in sick this morning."

Jungkook's smile faltered. "Sick leave? That doesn't sound like Jimin. He seemed fine this morning He told me you'll pick him up."

Taehyung nodded, looking worried. "What? No, and it's strange. He seemed perfectly fine when I talked to him yesterday. He didn't mention anything about feeling unwell."

A sense of unease settled over Jungkook. "Do you know where he might be?"

Taehyung shook his head. "I'm not sure, but he did mention something about needing to take care of some personal matters."

Jungkook's mind raced. Jimin had questioned him where Iseul was last night, but he thought it was just a simple question. "I think I have an idea," he said, more to himself than to Taehyung. "Thanks, Tae."

Without another word, Jungkook hurried out of the building, his heart pounding. He knew Jimin well enough to guess where he might have gone. He quickly pulled out his phone and dialed Jimin's number. The phone rang several times before Jimin finally picked up.

"Hey, Kookie," Jimin's voice came through, sounding calm but with a hint of tension.

"Jimin, where are you?" Jungkook asked, trying to keep the worry out of his voice. "Taehyung said you called in sick today. Are you okay?"

There was a brief pause on the other end before Jimin replied, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just... needed to take care of some things."

Jungkook frowned. "What kind of things? Jimin, if you're in trouble or if this has anything to do with Iseul—"

"No, it's nothing like that," Jimin interrupted, his tone reassuring. "I just needed to handle some personal matters. I'll be fine."

Jungkook sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Okay, but please be careful. I can't help but worry about you."

"I know, Kookie," Jimin replied, his voice filled with affection. "I promise I'll be careful. I'll call you as soon as I'm done."

"Alright," Jungkook said reluctantly. "I'll hold you to that. Take care, Jimin."

"You too, Jungkook. See you soon," Jimin said before ending the call.

Jungkook stood there for a moment, the phone still in his hand. Something about Jimin's tone didn't sit right with him, but he tried to push his worries aside. He trusted Jimin and knew he could handle himself. With a deep breath, he headed back to his car, deciding to give Jimin the space he needed while staying on high alert in case something went wrong.