Chapter 64

***

"Reina!"

After finishing her busy schedule, she finally lay down, bruised and exhausted, when her child ran up to her and fell into her arms.

No, now he had grown so tall that she couldn't tell who was hugging whom.

'Isn't he almost 180 centimeters now?'

The child, now an inch taller than her, smiled brightly and offered her a flower.

"Take this, Reina. Pretty flowers for pretty people."

"Ohhh, so you picked a precious spice flower again? How come you always pick the most expensive ones?"

Reina laughed in admiration. The child grinned in approval.

"Butler, will you bring this to Mia? Tell her to use it for tonight's dinner."

"Yes, my lady."

The butler took the spice flower with familiarity.

The child, who had grown as tall as a mulberry tree, laughed sheepishly and carried his rice rolls back to Reina.

"Do you like flowers, Reina? I do. I like flowers, and I like Reina."

"I love it, but if you're going to give them to me, I want you to pay me fairly for it and stop tearing up my hard-earned spices."

"Yeah! I see."

The kid nodded, as if he didn't understand.

'Hmm, can I still call him "kid"?'

He was too big to be called a child anymore.

Besides, they'd been together for a while.

He'd been behaving himself and not causing any trouble, except for pulling out the expensive spices, so she thought it would be safe to call him by his name.

"What would be better?"

Reina was quite confident in her choice of name. She had a history of naming demons to her liking.

"Not as cute as Piik."

She glared into the child's face. The child looked back at Reina, as if they were having an eye fight.

'I didn't notice because he was always smiling, but he has sharp eyes. His eyes are blood-red.'

In a word, he looked like he had a hidden strength.

Although he usually acted like a child, he hid his true power.

'But that doesn't mean I can't give him a name that suits his hidden strength... Hmmm.'

Reina pondered, and when she blinked, the child, thinking he had won, rolled his eyes and laughed.

At the same time, Reina thought of a name that would fit him perfectly.

"Trevor!"

"... Huh?"

He tilted his head as if he had no idea what the child was talking about.

How did they fit together so well? Reina smiled brightly and explained.

"It's your name, Trevor."

"Trevor...? My name?!"

The questioning Trevor suddenly gulped, feeling his heart catch in his throat.

"What, what, what's wrong?! Are you okay?!"

A startled Reina checked his condition, and a red-faced Trevor answered with a struggle.

"I'm so happy, it hurts here."