Chapter 69

The High Priest appeared at the saint's side, checking the villagers one by one. Seeing the hostility in their eyes, he gave a gentle smile to clear the air.

"Looks like we're a bit late, but that's a good thing. Thank you, Princess, for clearing up the mess."

The High Priest bowed, and Reina gave a curt nod in return. Rostin watched silently, his cold glare silently conveying, "If you do anything suspicious like last time, I won't let you off the hook, no matter who you are."

Fortunately, the High Priest took notice and quickly announced their departure from the North.

"Well, Saint, we'd better get back to work. We still have the next region to protect."

"... Ah, yes, yes..."

The saint nodded, looking as if she might cry at any moment. Why couldn't the High Priest confirm that Reina was the Demon King? But she couldn't voice that question here. Everyone seemed to be in cahoots.

"Huh? You're leaving already? Be careful. I'll explain to them that you're the real saint, don't worry. And I'm not the demon king! We'll talk more later, okay?"

As the saint turned away with nothing but resentment, Reina waved to her.

Unfortunately, things were not looking good right now, so she would have to tell her the truth next time, she thought.

Unfortunately, there was no return greeting. Only the High Priest, with a subtle grimace, glanced at Reina briefly.

Aden, meanwhile, watched Reina be embarrassed. Unlike before, there was a lot less hostility in his eyes.

He wanted to stay here and ask her questions, but alas, he couldn't leave the Saint and the High Priest yet.

Unable to speak to anyone else, he followed the two of them out of the North.

***

After a rocky first encounter with the female lead, Reina hurried to clear up their misunderstanding.

"You can't call me a saint! The one who just arrived is the real saint! The High Priest came with her. I'm just a princess. Please don't mistake me for a saint!"

The female lead seemed to relish being seen as a saint.

"Well, I did wish to be reborn as the female lead."

Unfortunately, it didn't quite turn out that way.

Despite that, she became everyone's favorite, and who wouldn't like that?

Yet, she felt unfairly robbed of her saintly title by someone suspected of being the Demon King.

"Fine, fine. They don't seem to like me either, so I'll just have to clear things up and explain myself later."

Just as she resolved to peacefully coexist without contention, the villagers erupted in cheers.

"All right! Long live the princess!"

"Wow! Thank you, Princess!"

"Long live our princess! Thank you!"

Technically an Eastern Region princess, but who cared when they were all chanting, "Our princess is the best!"

"Ugh, really..."

She was dumbfounded. Reina shook her head in disbelief.

She muttered a small complaint that she couldn't say anything more now that her name was corrected.

But her faintly reddened cheeks and upturned lips betrayed her true feelings.

Rostin, who had watched the whole thing from the sidelines, couldn't help but smile as he pushed aside his confusion.