Chapter 59

"You haven't even had dessert yet, so why don't you take a break?"

They had a small dessert in the dining room after the meal, but even then, Reina would always grab another one outside.

Without dessert, it felt like she hadn't finished her meal.

"It's okay, it's close by. I'll just go back and get a double portion."

Not eating wasn't an option. She'd had a big breakfast, so she could double up when she got back.

Veronica smiled slightly at Reina's response. She said she understood and soon brought around her long carriage.

"Thank you for the trouble."

"No, it's an honor. I've never been down to the village before, and I wanted to see it."

And so, Reina traveled down to Iceberry Village for the first time.

She thought she had cleared a path to the village when she tested her powers the other day, but the carriage still rattled over the fresh snowfall.

Reina had cleared the path by setting off flames at various points along the way.

Few people traveled this way, but they were the ones who mattered.

If Veronica, Chase, Cindy, and the others could come and go easily, they could devote more of their energy to maintaining the greenhouse.

'Hmm, a bit of an evil boss mentality.'

But she couldn't help it. She was the Demon King of the oracle, so she would comply.

Chuckling to herself, Reina set flames along the way, and a smile spread across Veronica's face as she drove the carriage.

A short while later, they arrived at their destination.

Reina had been making fire all along the way, so the time passed quickly.

"So this is Iceberry Village? It's smaller than I thought. It's like a toy town."

The houses were all small to keep warm.

"That's what I thought when I first came here, too. It's a tiny little town compared to the rest of the country."

"I didn't mean to be condescending; it's just cute."

"I know, even if you don't say so, Princess."

Reina was not malicious by nature, just straightforward, and Veronica was only reminded of her own old feelings.

Meanwhile, the townspeople were surprised to see Reina and Veronica arrive in the morning in a carriage.

"What, it can't be...?"

"Princess?! The one from the rumors...?!"

"She really does look like the duchess..."

They all chattered in low voices, trying not to let Reina hear them.

Perhaps because she had a charm of 1,000, there was more curiosity, fondness, or admiration than fear.

The fact that she had been eating and resting well also played a part. Someone muttered that there was no way the Demon King could look that beautiful.

Whether she cared or not, Reina followed Veronica to Hannah's house.

Countless pairs of eyes followed them.

"This is it, Princess. Hannah, come out here for a moment!"

At the sound of Veronica's voice, Hannah jumped in surprise.