Chapter 67

When it came time to hand out invitations, Reina was brimming with excitement for the When she went to give out the invitations, Reyna was really looking forward to the festival.

With the excitement of a child, she started running around town, taking in everything.

"Wow! Oh my God, it's a skewer!"

She even marveled at an ordinary skewer as if it were a holy sacrament.

"You know what? They say you have to eat skewers at festivals. That's what I want. Everyone has to eat one at least once. If you don't, you're in trouble."

She saw it in the book. It was always skewers at festivals.

"Really?"

Rostin was puzzled, having never heard of such a thing, but Reina seemed to agree.

"Shall we have one?"

Reina's eyes lit up with anticipation. Mia, the manor's chef, would surely be able to cook something much better.

"I'll do that."

Rostin didn't bother to argue, though, as he pulled a handkerchief from his arm, tied it to the handle of a skewer, and handed it to Reina.

"Eh?! That handkerchief will get dirty! Isn't it expensive?"

"That's okay, I don't want the princess' hands to get dirty."

If they did get dirty, she could just wipe them roughly... and since there was snow everywhere, she could melt it with fire to clean them.

Reina smiled, feeling even better. She pointed to the hem of her skirt and asked.

"Do you need one too? I don't have a handkerchief, so I can only tear the hem of my skirt."

"No, thank you."

Rostin shuddered in absolute disbelief.

It was a joke, but his serious reaction made it even funnier. Laughing softly, Reina took a bite of the skewer.

Maybe it was because she was used to Mia's food, but honestly, it tasted so-so. She didn't like the sauce, which was full of cheap spices.

But it felt very special. It was a small gathering, just a festival, but the idea of being a part of it made her feel joyful and content.

"Thanks for inviting me."

She finished one skewer and tucked her dirty handkerchief into her pocket.

"I've actually never done this before. I've only ever seen skewers in books, and I've never been in a crowded place before."

In her previous life, she was unwell, and in her current life, she was a prisoner. Despite having lived two lives, she had few pleasant memories.

Perhaps today was the most exciting and fun day in both her previous life and this life.

Pondering her words, Rostin asked,

"Then I guess you didn't attend your coming-of-age ceremony."

"Coming-of-age ceremony? Of course. I was thrown out here as soon as I came of age. Is there such a thing? I know now."

Come to think of it, she didn't remember being celebrated as an adult in her previous life, or in this life.

"Well, actually, there's no need for it. I'm just getting older, so it's funny to get congratulated on it."

It was as if they were making a grand proclamation, 'Now that you are an adult, you will gradually start to age.'

But that was just Reina's own thoughts. Even Rostin, who had lost his parents and all hope, didn't think so.