Chapter 70

Reina dropped the cookie she was about to put in her mouth.

'What the hell, why did he get so big...?'

He wasn't just taller; he seemed to have aged. He looked about the same age as Rostin now.

Trevor picked up the cookie from the floor, blew on it, dusted it off, and popped it into his mouth.

"Delicious."

Trevor grinned. Reina, who had been watching him with a blank stare, asked in confusion,

"Why are you so grown up...?"

He only shrugged.

Not wanting to continue the topic, he pointed to his hair.

"I'm frustrated that my hair is so much longer. Help me with that, Reina. Please?"

Maybe it was because he'd grown into a perfect adult, but the way he spoke was so natural.

Trevor started to whine about his hair, so Reina motioned for him to lower his stance, figuring that was the first thing to do.

Turning around, he bent his legs.

Without a hair tie, she loosened a festive string from the bench and tied Trevor's long hair up.

It was a bit long, hanging down near his waist.

Reina asked, wondering if it was a bit much for someone who had just been a child but now looked like a full-grown adult.

"Do you want me to cut it off? Is it too long?"

"No, I like it. It's the same color as your eyes."

Trevor smiled as he smoothed the laces, admiring the deep purple color.

"I'll keep it forever. Thank you, Reina."

No, that much? It's just a decorative string tied to a bench...

As she pondered this, Kaelan suddenly appeared, all excited.

"Hey, he's totally weird!"

"Me? Why?"

Trevor's eyes widened, and he cocked his head.

Kaelan continued,

"He got bigger all of a sudden! He got bigger because he absorbed your magic, I saw it!"

"My magic?"

Seeing Kaelan so agitated, Reina wondered if it was true, so she immediately used her power on Trevor.

"...?"

Unfortunately, nothing happened. With a puzzled look on her face, Reina tried her power one more time.

"Hmmm?"

"W-why isn't he getting bigger?!"

It wasn't even absorbing. She tried to use the ability a few more times, but it didn't work.

"You've been drinking. You smell like alcohol."

Reina sniffed. With all the kids around, she could definitely smell it.

"No, I've been drinking, but..."

He had been about to drink alcohol after seeing Rostin and Reina dancing affectionately.

"Yeah, but I'm a strong drinker. I don't get that drunk and see things!"

Indeed, Kaelan was a strong drinker. The festival was meant to be enjoyed by the townspeople, so there were no strong drinks.

So, he wasn't drunk, and what he saw was true. He didn't know why the situation was completely different from before.

"Ai...! It's true...!"