Chapter 58

Aden was caught off guard by her serious inquiry. He hadn't anticipated such a weighty question from her.

When he hesitated to respond immediately, she wiped her hands clean and pressed for an answer once more.

"Have you been to the North? Because I mentioned that's where the Demon King resides?"

"...Yes, I visited the location of the Demon King. I needed to see for myself, to understand who she is."

Aden's explanation rambled on longer than he intended. He felt compelled to speak, even though he had nothing specific to say.

"Ah, excellent. Now that you know where she is and what she's like, you're better prepared to confront her, aren't you?"

"...That's correct."

"In that case, shall we return? I've been here for several days now, and I'm not gaining any experience points from slaying the same monsters."

With that, the saint checked her current status.

[Kim Sera Lv. 100]

Strength 100

Mana 100

Charm 100

Luck 100

Reputation 100

Fame 0

She swiftly reached level 70, but progressing beyond that became a challenge.

Achieving level 70 took her nearly two days, yet doubling that time was necessary to reach the next milestone.

This signaled it was time to depart.

"I think someone else should take over here, I'm not the one who should be doing this, right?"

She needed to bolster her strength and confront the demon king swiftly. The absence of any fame weighed heavily on her mind.

Aden trailed behind the Saintess, his throat feeling parched.

What in the world had happened to her in the past few days of fighting demons?

Though uncertain, the emergence of the woman known as the Demon King and the Saintess's transformation left him with an unsettling intuition that something had gone awry.

***

Rumors of Reina's conquest of the Labyrinth began to circulate slowly, originating from the trio of new recruits at the greenhouse.

From their lips, the rumor spread throughout Iceberry Village and even reached the Duke's Castle.

It seemed an unbelievable tale: that the ducal princess had vanquished the labyrinth, a menace that had plagued the North for a millennium, rendering it safe.

Nevertheless, it was a story about a labyrinth, and curiosity drove everyone to ascertain its veracity.

Finally, a nervous servant, listening in on Rostin's morning routine, gathered the courage to inquire.

"Um, Your Grace. About the labyrinth... Is it true that it's been resolved?"

The hand clutching his shirt trembled, wary of offending Rostin.

Calmly, Rostin slid his arms into his shirt and replied.

"Yes, indeed. It was Princess Rubellite."

"Really?! Are you certain...?!"

The servant's breath caught. It was news worth spreading, prompting Rostin to divulge further details.

"Absolutely. I was there, but the princess did the lion's share. She's the reason we no longer have to deal with that troublesome labyrinth."