Chapter 57

"Why did you come out? Just stay lying down. Ugh."

Reina clicked her tongue, conjuring a gentle flame breeze that effortlessly lifted Aden's body, settling him onto the outdoor bed where she often lounged.

"...?!"

How could such delicate magic be so effortless?

Aden's eyes widened.

Observing Reina scratching her forehead, Aden couldn't help but be puzzled.

"That's odd. He doesn't have a fever, and I've given him herbs, so why isn't he improving? Should I try something else? Just rest for now. I'll fetch some more herbs."

Reina headed to the greenhouse, leaving Aden to contemplate her actions. He couldn't shake the feeling that her intentions might not be as straightforward as they seemed.

Aden's mind swirled with doubts, wondering if she was genuinely caring for him or if there was a hidden agenda. Yet, he couldn't arrive at a conclusion.

He continued to feign weakness, his eyes and ears keenly following Reina's movements as she disappeared into the greenhouse.

Suddenly, Kaelan appeared at his bedside, delivering a sharp tap to his forehead.

"Hey, aren't you already healed? Why do you keep pretending to be ill?"

Unlike Reina, Kaelan saw through Aden's charade.

Those who rigorously trained their bodies rarely fell ill anyway.

Unless he was on the verge of death, he never lay down sick. Rather, he would train to regain his health.

Which was why Aden seemed so strange to Kaelan. It was almost as if he was trying to play a trick on him.

"No, I'm sick."

"No, you're not. You're strong enough to hold a fork, and you can talk, so you must be better."

Drip. Aden strained to stop the sweat from breaking out. Of course it didn't stop.

He wiped the sweat from his brow and turned his body in Kaelan's direction.

"Hey, you don't happen to have another mind, do you?"

"Another mind?"

He'd found out already. Aden's voice trembled.

Kaelan's eyes narrowed for a moment, and he asked, trying to sound calm.

"No, I mean, Reina's pretty, but are you serious? You came in here like you're going to kill her, and then you... have a crush on her? Is she the first girl to ever hit you, or something?"

"You're saying something that doesn't even sound like it!"

Aden was genuinely angry. There was a point to bullshit, and as he blurted it out, Kaelan scratched his head.

"Oh, or not... Oh, but why are you yelling?!"

"When did I ever yell at you!"

"You're still yelling!"

It was clearly a battle of the sexes, and there was no way there was a sick person there.

"What, you're healed? You have a great voice."

The voice was loud enough that Reina heard it too.

Biting his lip, unable to deny it any longer, Aden looked down and rolled his eyes.

'What was that screeching noise a moment ago?'

Reina, who had been staring at Aden, shook her head, then opened her mouth again.