Chapter 68

They danced hand in hand, a moment neither wanted to forget.

Rostin, shocked by the sight that reminded him of five years ago, thought he would sacrifice himself to stop it. Then he recognized Reina.

"Princess...!"

She, too, was uncharacteristically nervous. But a smiling Reina rolled up her sleeves and said,

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to rescind my no-killing rule again today. I don't want to break it, but things keep getting out of hand."

With so many demons, she couldn't just strip them of their fur or she'd be overwhelmed with the cleanup.

There was only one option left.

Reina stretched out her hand toward the demons and spoke quietly,

"Burn all the summoned demons and destroy them. Don't leave a single one behind."

Hwarrrrrrrr-!

A massive surge of darkness erupted from her hand. The sheer number of demons seemed to draw an endless stream of power from Reina.

It continued, as if she was going to exhaust all the magic within her.

Rostin pondered what would become of Reina at this rate.

Even as he worried, her magic relentlessly reached out to the creatures.

In fact, her power seemed to be growing stronger. If left unchecked, she would be swallowed up by the black flames.

He could no longer stand by and watch. Sacrificing himself to deal with the demons seemed a better option.

Rostin grabbed Reina's wrist.

"Stop!"

Just in time, the magic radiating from Reina's hand ceased.

"Princess, are you okay?"

Rostin asked, urgently checking Reina's condition.

She blinked a few times, still feeling the surge of magic, before answering a beat too late.

"Huh? Uh, yeah. I'm fine."

"Really?"

Rostin asked in disbelief, his eyes locking with Reina's as he continued to check for signs of distress.

"I swear, I'm completely fine. I feel like I could shoot magic ten times over."

She had said it as a joke the other day, but truly, there was enough magic flowing through her to power the entire north.

"Ha..."

After Reina repeatedly assured him she was fine, Rostin breathed a sigh of relief.

Meanwhile, the residual magic from her hands set everything in sight ablaze with saccharine flames.

In the midst of it all, the screams of the demons thundered, an ear-splitting, deafening rumble.

"Uh, mommy...! I'm scared!"

"Uwaaaaaah!"

Terrified children clung to their parents, sobbing. The adults were not unscathed either, their faces pale with fear.

Everyone was praying for the nightmare to end quickly.

As if on cue, the screams of the demons ceased, and the flames were extinguished in an instant.

Still, no one relaxed. They hadn't expected to defeat a horde of thousands of demons at once.

That included Reina.