Chapter 50

"Duke, let me hurry and clean it up, I'm so sorry."

Meanwhile a servant returned with a cleaning solution.

"This solution is said to remove anything, so I'll be able to get rid of it quickly."

"No, never mind. Leave it alone until it disappears naturally."

"Really? Are you sure? But it's a mess, and the words don't make sense..."

As if a child had scribbled it.

"It's okay, go ahead."

"Oh, yes..."

The servant was puzzled, but when Rostin told him to leave, he did so, and left the office.

Rostin stared at Luca's handwriting, then returned to his desk to catch up on work as if nothing had happened.

***

The mansion had a lot to renovate, and Eileen stayed at the mansion for a few days to get an estimate.

The most urgent need was not the vault or the kitchen, but the jail cell.

In truth, it was too late, as they had already been raided twice.

It was a shame because Reina's abilities were special, otherwise, even if she was lucky enough to catch the intruder, she would have been killed right away because she couldn't properly restrain it.

So Eileen set out to build a convincing prison in Reina's mansion, and left the North to gather the rest of the materials.

Thus, Aden, who had been on hunger strike until then, became the first inmate of the Abyssal Mansion.

Kaelan was still in charge of his meals.

He carried the food from Mia into the cell, squeezed it, and shoved it into Aden's mouth.

"Dude, do you have any idea how precious this food is? Why won't you eat it? You're cutting into my share!"

It wasn't, but Kaelan was furious that Aden hadn't touched his food in days.

"Ugh! Why don't you give it to me. I can eat until my stomach explodes."

Suddenly attacked by food, Aden immediately spit out what he had in his mouth.

No, he wanted to, but unfortunately the taste on his tongue was unusual.

Aden swallowed what was in his mouth first. It was only because it would be dirty if he spit it out, he rationalized to himself.

"I will not eat food made by one of the Demon King's minions."

He had already eaten it.

In fact, he was going to say he wouldn't eat it, but after tasting it, he didn't dare say it.

At this point, Kaelan was hit hard. He started to sarcastically.

"Hey, the Princess isn't the Demon King, but if you plan to overthrow the Demon King, what will you eat then? Starve to death in the demon's lair? Now that's a tale for the ages. Remarkable, truly remarkable. You're exceptional."

"What do you know!"

"What do you know? Don't you think I came here to do this from the beginning? Don't you think I wanted to have the title of having slain a Demon King? If you have a brain, you think.. Did your thoughts fly off with your hair? Ah, how frustrating."

Not wanting to talk to Aden anymore, Kaelan slammed the door roughly shut and slammed the lock.

With Reina's flame surrounding the prison, he wouldn't be able to escape anyway, but since he was in charge, he had to make sure.