Chapter 49

The vault was built on the ground floor.

It was large and requires a lot of metal to make it strong, and we had to build it on the ground floor to support the weight.

"You mentioned double doors, so why not double the entire vault, not just the doors? I'll see if I can find a metal that can withstand the Princess's flame."

Reina was intrigued by the unexpectedly good idea. Really? If we cover the whole thing in fire flowers, nobody will ever be able to break in.

"Good idea, and metal is fine, I can tell the flames not to burn it. Or tell it to only attack anyone who tries to home in on it."

Eileen's eyes widened in interest at the explanation that she could just use something sturdy.

"Oh, really, Princess, that flame of yours, it's so powerful, you don't even need your own safe."

"No, but I should still have a safe. You never know who might come along, or who might not be able to use it."

Reina clicked her tongue at the thought of all the bizarre people in the world.

Eileen found it amusing, somehow. It was so different from her first impression.

She smiled and replied.

"Very well, then, I'll come back later today with measurements and ingredients."

"Yeah, alright, let's begin with lunch. Our chef is amazing. Don't be surprised if you're blown away by the flavors."

"Ohhh? Is that so? I'm genuinely looking forward to it now."

Eileen's eyes sparkled with genuine interest. As she and Reina made their way toward the dining hall, Eileen expressed a sudden desire to see the kitchen.

"You'll need to get permission from Mia to enter; it's her domain."

"It's fine."

Mia, who happened to be fetching the aperitif, readily agreed. Eileen eagerly followed her into the kitchen.

The two immediately hit it off. Mia was delighted to have someone to discuss kitchen facilities with for the first time.

"Oh, that's definitely a welcome change. My arm was starting to ache, and I could use another stove."

"Well, there's certainly room for improvement, and this-"

The wall between the dining room and kitchen made it difficult to hear, but Eileen's suggestion appeared to resonate with Mia.

Setting down her drink, Reina poked her head into the kitchen and interjected, "Eileen, do you think you could help improve the kitchen as well?"

"Yes. At the moment, I'm focused on crafting safes due to high demand, but I used to work on all sorts of projects."

"Alright, so you two can collaborate and make it work?"

In fact, the current kitchen was just a bare bones kitchen, so it was understandable that it wasn't comfortable to use.

"It would be nice to have a pantry or something. Somewhere to store fresh vegetables and fruits."

There was one now, but with the harvest getting bigger and bigger, it was clear that it would run out sooner or later.

Other than that, Reina recited everything else she could think of.

Fortunately, Eileen's always busy time happened to be empty, so she showed her will to fix it all.

"I've been doing nothing but vaults lately, and it's been a while since I've had any fun."

Lucky again. Wondering what misfortune could possibly be in store for her, Reina rejoined the diner.