Chapter 63

***

She was savoring her dessert while watching an exasperated Kaelan shovel furiously, when Eileen arrived.

"What is this...?"

There were ten large carriages and about twenty people.

'I wonder if the mansion can hold that many people...?'

As a bewildered Reina surveyed the carriages and people crammed into the courtyard, Eileen greeted her.

"Ah, there you are, Princess, it must be dessert time."

"Eileen, why are there so many people?!"

Reina asked anxiously, but Eileen laughed, telling her not to worry.

"Most of them are just people dropping off their luggage and heading home. Only a few will be working with me."

To be precise, only five people, including Eileen, would be staying at the mansion to work on the project.

"Alas, if that's the case."

She was surprised. There was a lot of work to be done, and they had brought a lot of materials with them. She was relieved to see that they would be returning soon.

If they all stayed here, Mia, the cook, and Kaelan, the cleaner, would have had to perform deathly labor.

"Everyone, come and say hello. This is Princess Reina Rubellite, introduced to me by Duke Wintersnow, a very kind man."

At Eileen's gesture, the people who had been keeping their distance came forward and bowed politely.

They had been intimidated by the black flames, but at the mention of Rostin, they couldn't help but greet her.

"He knew the Princess was a remarkable person. Even so, she personally cleared the Northern Labyrinth this time."

Chase, who had been standing in the background, stepped forward and looked up at Reina.

"What? The labyrinth?"

"Yes, and she even lit lanterns for the villagers, giving them warmth. They're very grateful."

Eileen smiled at Chase, who eagerly defended Reina.

She had heard he was a knight of the Duke, but he seemed to admire Reina more than she'd expected.

"I guess those were the flames I saw on the way. Even if it wasn't, the snow had melted and the journey back was much easier. Everyone noticed that, right?"

"What?! Y-yes...!"

"You cleared the labyrinth...! Oh my God."

"Is that even possible? I thought the Labyrinth of the North was one of the four untouchable nightmares for humans...!"

Chase's enthusiastic exclamation calmed the atmosphere considerably. Instead of fear and terror, there was now awe in everyone's eyes.

"Come on, everyone, let's get to work. There's a lot of heavy lifting to be done, so let's get moving and then get some rest. Some of us need to be back early tomorrow morning."

At Eileen's swift instructions, the men quickly began moving the luggage. Some even tended to the horses and fed them.

After being accustomed to their usual farming routine, it was interesting to see something new.

Reina followed closely behind them, watching intently.

Mia announced an early dinner.

"I know you're hungry, so let's eat first. The dining room isn't big enough, so we've set up a separate area for you to dine."