Chapter 61

***

Returning to the temple, the saintess wanted to see the high priest right away, but unfortunately he was out of town.

So she bathed and rested, and waited until the next day to confront the high priest.

To her surprise, he suggested that she dine with him first.

Without even bothering to properly attire herself, she made her way to the dining hall.

However, she found herself not only in the company of the High Priest but also Aden, who had previously left her side to confront the demon king.

For a nobleman, he still wore his hood, as if he didn't know how to eat.

When he left her alone among the demons.

The saintess, who unconsciously glanced at Aden, who was not there when she needed it, but was there when she did not, hurried to her place.

"You've made remarkable progress. Your strength has grown."

"Yes, it was a bit hard with so many demons, we fought for days and days, but they kept showing up in strange ways, like they were teasing me."

"I see. Stranger things have happened."

The saintess grumbled, and the High Priest replied, shaking his head.

Unlike before, she felt like they had a good conversation today.

She didn't hide how hard it was for her.

"At first, it was terrifying and immensely challenging. No matter how many times I struck it, the creature wouldn't yield, and my magical abilities were feeble, barely stronger than hurling rocks."

"That sounds dreadful... What did you do then?"

"I refused to surrender; I fought relentlessly! I scarcely slept for days on end. I'm ashamed to admit that I resorted to wielding stones more often than magic, but I had to take action. After all, I am... I'm meant to be a saint, entrusted with the task of saving the world, aren't I?"

"Yes. There's a reason you've gotten so much stronger in such a short time, but I'm glad you're okay. You're back here unharmed."

The High Priest offered a wry smile.

Aden, who hadn't been able to participate in the conversation until now, asked the High Priest

"Speaking of which, the demons couldn't attack you, so why were you standing there? Is it your power?"

That was something the saint had wondered as well.

If it weren't for that miracle, she wouldn't be here today.

'Well, I don't know.' The high priest who was pondering said,

"That may be true. The saintess is a great person. A petty monster may not have been able to attack the saintess."

How did he know it was a lesser demon? Aden's suspicions were confirmed by the fact that after meeting Reina, he was able to see things objectively.

It was only afterward that he remembered that he had left the demons unattended, and he impatiently told the High Priest.

"Oh! I just realized, I left them there! I defeated them, but they kept reappearing, and I intended to inform you immediately upon my return...! What should we do? Could they have posed a threat to the villagers?"

Though the village was quite distant, considering it had been a day, there was a possibility the creatures had ventured there in search of sustenance.

Aden shared in the concern, awaiting the High Priest's response anxiously.