Ch 29 - 30

C29: Husband and Wife Night Talk (Part 2)

He Zhiran only then remembered that her father had also slipped a letter into Mo Jiuye's hands today.

Since the letter was for Mo Jiuye, she did not have the habit of prying into other people's privacy. Although curious about what was written inside, she did not take the initiative to ask.

Mo Jiuye was able to mention this letter, so he did not intend to conceal the contents.

"The contents of the letter are very simple. My father-in-law said he would privately collect evidence of my innocence to help me reverse the verdict, and he also hopes that I can treat you well."

"That's all?" He Zhiran was clearly a little unbelievable.

Mo Jiuye affirmed: "Well, just that."

He Zhiran fell into thought again.

After her parents came to see her off today, the first thing she thought of was her father's situation at court.

He Yuanming was Mo Jiuye's father-in-law. Would Emperor Shunwu vent his anger on him as a result?

If this is really the case, wouldn't He Yuanming's days to come be like an ant on a chopping block, with the possibility of being crushed by Emperor Shunwu at any time?

Seeing He Zhiran lost in thought, Mo Jiuye spoke again.

"My father-in-law is clean and honest in office, and handles things in an orderly manner. The emperor is reluctant to lose such a capable minister, so don't worry too much."

After listening to Mo Jiuye's words, He Zhiran felt a little more at ease.

"It's getting late, go to bed earlier, we still have to travel tomorrow." Mo Jiuye was worried that He Zhiran's body could not stand it.

After talking so much, and wasting a lot of brain cells thinking, He Zhiran was also feeling sleepy now.

"Okay, you rest early too."

She thought she could fall asleep as soon as she closed her eyes, but He Zhiran still tossed and turned, and even though she was sleepy, she still couldn't fall asleep.

The space in the wooden cart was not very large, and she and Mo Jiuye were almost pressed tightly together.

Feeling each other's body heat, not only He Zhiran, but Mo Jiuye was also having trouble sleeping.

Hearing her breathing was not so steady, Mo Jiuye spoke again softly.

"Pretending to be in a coma is not a lasting solution. I plan to wake up after we are out of the capital."

"You can decide the timing yourself." He Zhiran replied vaguely.

In fact, Mo Jiuye had ulterior motives when he said this.

The purpose of what he said was to draw out He Zhiran.

Who knew, she just told him to make up his own mind, and didn't say anything he didn't already know.

"Aren't you curious why I plan to wake up after we're out of the capital?"

"I guess you're worried there are the emperor's spies watching us."

This is what He Zhiran thought, and Mo Jiuye's ideas matched hers completely.

"If it was just me it would be okay, escaping from here would be easy, and I could disappear forever without being found.

But there are too many Mohist women and children, I can't be sure I can take care of everyone.

Moreover, your maternal relatives are in the capital city. Once I take you away, those relatives of yours in the capital will also likely get implicated.