Ch 47 - 48

C47: Hypnosis

Peng Wang's brow furrowed instantly as he yelled at the Mo women: “All of you get lost! Don't cause more trouble here.”

At this moment, he was thinking the most about whether the Eighth Old Zhou had really encountered danger like He Zhiran had reminded, as she said.

The Eighth Old Zhou had been with him for many years and he knew the man’s character very well.

The Eighth Old Zhou was always punctual, not to mention they had only gone out to purchase some rations, it was impossible for them to be away for so long without returning.

Then looking at Li Hu, there was some evasiveness in his eyes.

Peng Wang instantly felt suspicious.

He looked coldly at Li Hu.

“Li Hu, where's the Eighth Old Zhou?”

“Boss, the He clan escaped, the Eighth Brother went to find people, I came back to report the news.” Li Hu murmured unclearly the excuse he had already prepared.

He knew clearly that escape of prisoners was what people in this line of work hated the most.

Li Hu didn’t believe that if he said He Zhiran had escaped, Peng Wang wouldn’t pursue it.

Peng Wang really hated when prisoners escaped. Although he didn’t completely believe Li Hu’s words, he still looked towards He Zhiran, preparing to investigate.

He Zhiran shrugged, feeling there was no need for her to explain too much about this matter.

She had already returned, which was the best proof that she didn't escape.

"Master Peng, I've come back, can this be considered escaping?

If you believe me, you'd better go find Master Zhou quickly!

As long as the living Master Zhou can be found, won't the truth come to light?"

After listening to He Zhiran's words, Peng Wang also felt that finding the Eighth Old Zhou was imminent.

He looked at Li Hu and asked in a deep voice: "Where did you two separate?"

He Zhiran saw that time was slipping away second by second, worried that the Eighth Old Zhou would be in danger.

If Peng Wang kept asking like this, not only would he not get any useful information, but he would also lose the most precious rescue time.

Before Li Hu could think of what to say, He Zhiran had already pulled Peng Wang away from the crowd.

Seeing the boss leave with He Zhiran, Li Hu immediately felt a sense of crisis.

It was obvious that the boss didn't believe his excuses, otherwise why would he leave with He Zhiran?

"Boss, don't believe that cheap woman's words."

Peng Wang glared coldly at Li Hu before looking at He Zhiran.

"Do you know where the Eighth Old Zhou is?"

"I don't know, but I have a way to make Li Hu tell the truth."

"What way?" Peng Wang urged her to speak quickly.

"I've learned a secret method that can hypnotize a person's will and easily ask about things you want to know.

But I'm not very skilled at it, and I still need Master Peng's cooperation."

In her previous life, He Zhiran had a good friend who was extremely skilled in hypnosis. She had learned some basics from the friend, and was seventy percent confident she could ask some simple questions.