Ch 135 - 136

C135: This guy looks pretty pathetic.

Moreover, Fei Nanyu trusted Tang Mingrui to the utmost. Soon after he ascended to the throne, he bestowed Tang Family the sole imperial merchant status in Daxing Country.

As a result, during Fei Nanyu’s reign, Tang Family’s business thrived even more, becoming an existence as rich as a country.

Of course, this was not without the business acumen of Tang Family’s current head.

Moreover, historical books also mentioned that Tang Mingrui’s ancestors had run businesses for generations. Later, due to the Salt Gang’s plot, they almost suffered family ruin and death of their members.

To be able to revive Tang Family again, 17-year-old Tang Mingrui took his mother and two young brothers, and escaped his hometown using the little savings left in the family.

Afterwards, through many years of hard work and striving, he built up a business of no small size again. At the same time, he also secretly collected detailed information about the Salt Gang.

After Nan Qi ascended to the throne, Fei Nanyu brought men to crackdown on the Salt Gang. Tang Mingrui resolutely submitted the information he had collected over the years, and got acquainted with Fei Nanyu because of this.

At the same time, He Zhiran and Mo Jiuye also immediately thought of the Tang Family the officer had just spoken of.

It was very likely that the Tang Family mentioned by the officer was Tang Mingrui’s original clan.

At this time, what He Zhiran was thinking was, first not considering whether Tang Mingrui had any connection with Fei Nanyu.

After arriving at the Northwest, in order to let her family live better, she would definitely have to run some profitable businesses on the surface to conceal her using the silver from the national treasury.

However, Da Shun Dynasty had a rule that exiled people who did not have a special pardon order from the Emperor would have to live in exile for the rest of their lives, and could not leave the city walls for half a step.

Thus, the best method was to find a clever businessman to cooperate with.

Thinking thus, He Zhiran felt the most suitable partner to cooperate with her business was Tang Mingrui.

“Husband, this person looks quite pitiful.”

Mo Jiuye naturally understood her meaning.

“Hmm, I’ll go over to take a look.”

Mo Chuhan did not think too much. He only thought his Ninth Sister’s womanly compassion had been aroused.

Thus, he also intended to follow Mo Jiuye.

However, Mo Jiuye stopped him.

“Eighth Brother, your health is weak. Leave this small matter to me.”

Seeing it was only a few men chasing with sabers, Mo Chuhan did not continue forcing himself as Mo Jiuye could totally handle it.

Since Mo Jiuye chose to take action, he would naturally not leave any living mouths.

Moreover, he never had any good impressions towards the Salt Gang’s men.

He might as well go all the way and directly take their dog lives.

He hid in the shadows, and aligned the mini sleeve arrows at several Salt Gang’s men.

With a few swoosh sounds, the Salt Gang’s men all had an arrow in their foreheads and died on the ground.