Ch 163 - 164

C163: How to Get to the Northwest

When Mo Jiuye was banished from the capital, he felt a sense of loss.

The Mo Family had been loyal for generations and he had also made some good friends.

But when disaster struck the Mo Family, not one of them came to see him off.

It turned out that all of this was engineered by Emperor Shunwu.

Mo Jiuye now understood clearly that the world was cold and indifferent. He did not want to dwell on those past matters anymore.

What he hoped for most now was to leave this place as soon as possible. After settling down in the northwest, he wanted to find a way to locate his elder and second brothers and help his sisters-in-law find saxifrage stalks to make an antidote.

“General, the city gates and piers have been sealed off completely. We've been stranded here for over half a month. If this drags on, I'm afraid we won't even reach the northwest by New Year,” said Mo Jiuye.

“That is indeed the case. It’s getting colder by the day and it would be very difficult for you all on the road,” replied General Jin.

After pondering for a while, General Jin continued, “My nephew, go make preparations now. Tomorrow morning I will personally arrange for ships to take you away from here.”

Mo Jiuye and He Zhiran were overjoyed to hear this.

The two of them saluted General Jin at the same time, “Thank you very much for helping us, General Jin.”

General Jin patted Mo Jiuye on the shoulder, “It’s just a small effort on my part. My nephew and niece need not take it to heart. I'll meet you all at the pier tomorrow morning.”

After thanking him again, Mo Jiuye and He Zhiran hurried back to inform everyone of the good news.

The ones most excited were the deputy officers. If the journey went smoothly, they would be able to return to the capital to reunite with their families before New Year’s.

In order to allow Liang Hao, Tang Mingrui and the others to leave with them, Mo Jiuye could only discuss it with Peng Wang.

In fact, Peng Wang had already noticed the whereabouts of Liang Hao and the others. He just didn’t like getting involved in things and so hadn’t brought it up.

As for Tang Mingrui who often came to the residence to take dolls these days, he had also seen him several times.

Since they were able to leave smoothly because of Mo Jiuye’s efforts, he would naturally not refuse.

However, Peng Wang required that those people split off from the main group immediately after arriving at Dudao City, so as not to cause any trouble.

After Mo Jiuye finished negotiating with Peng Wang, he immediately notified Liang Hao and the others to go to the pier with them early tomorrow morning.

With everything prepared, they set off with their belongings for the pier early next morning.

As promised, General Jin was there early with a team of soldiers.

Although there were still guards at the pier, they did not hinder Mo Jiuye’s group.

What’s more, General Jin had specially arranged a passenger ship for them. The sailors were already ready and waiting for the passengers to board.

Mo Jiuye and Peng Wang walked at the front of the group. General Jin spotted them at a glance.

The General strode over, “My nephew, I've prepared the ship. I’ve paid the silver. You all just need to leave here with peace of mind.”