Ch 139 - 140

C139: Painted Boat on Fire

The Imperial Tutor saw that things were not going her way. She feigned a few moves with her hands and reached into her robe with one hand.

At this moment, He Zhiran had just finished spraying the second round of her homemade "Grim Reaper's Descend" toward those guards. When she turned her head and saw what the Imperial Tutor was doing, she realized something was wrong.

If her guess was correct, the Imperial Tutor was either trying to pull out some hidden weapons or was planning to use poison against them.

How could He Zhiran give her such a chance? She immediately took out a tranquilizer gun from her space and shot it at the Imperial Tutor's calves.

With a muffled bang, the Imperial Tutor's whole body collapsed limply.

He Zhiran went up and quickly sent her into her space. She and Mo Jiuye headed toward the first floor of the Painted Boat.

At the stairwell, they happened to run into Nan Heng, who was being escorted up by a group of guards and Salt Gang members.

He Zhiran whispered to Mo Jiuye, "You take care of Nan Heng. I'll handle the others."

Mo Jiuye nodded lightly. He also raised a tranquilizer gun and fired it at Nan Heng's shoulder.

The moment Nan Heng fell to the ground, He Zhiran sprayed a handful of powder at those guards and Salt Gang members.

Before the guards and gang members could react to what was happening, they collapsed in piles with a swoosh.

He Zhiran took the opportunity to rush forward and grabbed one of Nan Heng's arms before sending him into her space too.

Today, they had only come out of curiosity, wanting to find out who was behind the Salt Gang. But they never expected to gain such a great harvest.

Looking at the dead guards and gang members now, the two still did not dare to underestimate the situation. They knew they could not leave anyone alive regarding what happened today with Prince Nan Heng.

So the two went through the entire Painted Boat with torches in hand, not leaving a single living soul other than those singing and dancing girls.

Neither Mo Jiuye nor He Zhiran were the sort to kill innocents.

They both knew clearly that those female performers made their living in the Painted Boat.

Even so, they did not dare be too careless either, not sure if some of those performers might be Nan Heng’s people.

Left with no choice, He Zhiran could only take out a drug from her space that paralyzed nerves and made the girls take it, erasing all their memories.

In order to survive, none of the singing and dancing girls dared resist ingesting the medicine she gave them.

With everything taken care of, He Zhiran sent all the girls onto the small boat that the Imperial Tutor had arrived on.

Next, He Zhiran took out several bottles of alcohol from her space, pouring them around the Painted Boat with Mo Jiuye.

At the same time, any items in the Painted Boat that He Zhiran felt were worth taking were stored away into her space one by one.

Whether these items were good or bad, they could still be sold as antiques in her shop.

After handling everything, He Zhiran took an inflatable boat from her space and threw it into the lake. Mo Jiuye wrapped his arm around her waist and leapt lightly onto the boat.