Ch 127 - 128

C127: He’s been apart from his family for three years.

He Zhiran looked at Mo Chuhan who was still in a coma.

"Have you thought about how to bring Eighth Brother to meet Mother and Sisters-in-law?"

Mo Jiuye pondered for a moment. They had brought Mo Chuhan into the space early in the morning, and now it was already late into the night.

If he told the truth that Eighth Brother was one of the black-clothed assassins who had tried to kill him, it would be hard to explain everything that had happened today.

After thinking for a bit, he said: "Let's go farther away and say that I heard some noises in the mountains and went to check it out, and that's when I ran into Eighth Brother."

He Zhiran nodded: "Okay, that works too."

In the time they were talking, half an hour had already passed.

Mo Chuhan's IV had also finished dripping. He Zhiran brought Mo Jiuye and vanished from the space without a sound.

The two of them noiselessly left the campsite and headed towards the distance.

When they felt they were somewhat far away from the camp, Mo Jiuye stopped in his tracks.

"Let's do it here!"

"Alright." As He Zhiran's voice fell, Mo Chuhan had already appeared on the open ground in front of the two.

Seeing that Eighth Brother still hadn't woken up, Mo Jiuye went and gathered some firewood to make a bonfire.

About twenty minutes later, Mo Chuhan's fingers twitched, then he slowly opened his eyes.

Mo Chuhan stared at Mo Jiuye in disbelief for a long time, seeming unable to believe it.

His voice was somewhat hoarse and powerless. "Ninth younger brother?"

Tears once again welled up in Mo Jiuye's eyes. He grabbed Mo Chuhan's hand excitedly and said emotionally, "Eighth Brother, it's me, it's Jiuye!"

Mo Chuhan reached out a trembling hand, trying to touch Mo Jiuye.

Mo Jiuye moved his body closer to help prop Mo Chuhan up into a sitting position.

"Eighth Brother, we all thought you had died. What on earth happened?"

Mo Chuhan's lips moved, but he seemed very weak.

"I was with Sixth and Seventh Brother resisting the invasion from the Southern Borderlands when we were lured by the enemy to a mountain valley.

Just as I was battling the enemies, there suddenly appeared a pungent smell that I accidentally inhaled through my nose and mouth.

The next time I awoke, I was chained with iron shackles to a pillar in a dark, gloomy cave.

Not long after, an old man dressed like someone from the Southern Borderlands came before me. All I saw was him scattering some powder at me. Right after that, I didn't know anything anymore."

When Mo Chuhan finished speaking, he tightly grasped Mo Jiuye's arm.

"Ninth younger brother, are Sixth and Seventh Brother okay? And where are we now?"

Mo Jiuye wiped away the tears at the corner of his eyes, then said:

"Eighth Brother, the incident you spoke of happened three years ago. Back then, I received the news that you, Sixth Brother and Seventh Brother had all died at the hands of the Southern Borderlands troops. I didn't expect that you were actually still alive, Eighth Brother!