Ch 387 - 388

C387: Are You a Man or a Ghost

Wu Ge, responsible for guarding Mr. Si Meng at the foot of the mountain, had no major incidents. After all, the old man was already on the verge of death and couldn't struggle anymore.

The only thing that made people anxious was that Mo Jin Nian and Mo Jiuye had been in the mountains for a whole day without any news coming back, which made Wu Ge uneasy.

At this time, it should be the time when people slept the most soundly, but Wu Ge didn't feel sleepy at all.

He worried that old fox Si Meng would play tricks, but more importantly, he was concerned about the safety of his two brothers.

When he heard faint footsteps coming closer from the mountain and could determine that it was not the two of them, Mo Chongyuan first glanced at Mr. Si Meng, who looked like a dead dog, and then jumped off the carriage.

As the sound got closer and closer, he asked in a deep voice, "Who goes there?"

Upon hearing Fifth Elder Brother's voice, Mo Jiuye quickly responded, "Fifth Elder Brother, it's me."

"Jiuye, you're back? Is everything going well?"

Mo Jiuye was eager to save his father, so he didn't have time to explain too much.

"Fifth Elder Brother, I've rescued Father and our two elder brothers. Father is not in a good condition. Let's hurry back to Xiling Village."

Upon hearing Mo Jiuye's words, Wu Ge shifted his gaze to the two figures behind him.

By now, the sky was slightly brightening, and the night pearl was of no use. The eldest brother and the second brother had been tormented for many years, and their appearances had changed significantly. For a moment, Wu Ge couldn't recognize them at all.

However, judging from Jiuye's words, Wu Ge guessed that the people behind him were probably their father and brothers.

At this moment, the second brother had already brought their father to Mo Chongyuan's side.

"Wu Ge, take us to the carriage quickly."

Although the second brother's figure had changed, his voice hadn't changed much.

Upon hearing this long-lost voice, tears welled up in Mo Chongyuan's eyes.

"Is it the second brother?"

"It's me."

The eldest brother also walked over at this time. He bypassed Mo Jiuye and came to Mo Chongyuan's side, gently patting his shoulder.

"Wu Ge, I'm the eldest brother."

"Eldest brother." Although Mo Chongyuan didn't know the condition of his father, he could tell from Jiuye's tone that the situation was urgent. Therefore, he couldn't care too much about his two elder brothers. He just greeted them and led the way towards the carriage.

When they reached the front of the carriage, Wu Ge asked first, "Jiuye, is that despicable old thing taken care of?"

Seeing that disgusting old man, Wu Ge felt extremely uncomfortable.

Now that Jiuye had successfully rescued their father and two elder brothers, he no longer had to look at Mr. Si Meng's annoying face all day long.

"Fifth Elder Brother, wait a moment. I'm not sure if he can still be of use."

At this moment, Mo Jiuye didn't hold any illusions. He was too worried about his father's condition.

Instead of rushing back to Xiling Village, he wanted to try if Mr. Si Meng could remove the curse on his father.