Ch 307 - 308

C307: Of course I did it, your husband.

When it came to experts in undoing gu spells, no one knew their identity better than Old Lady Mo in her heart. It was none other than her ninth daughter-in-law, He Zhiran. After all, she had personally helped undo the gu spells afflicting several of her sons. She just didn’t know what identity He Zhiran would appear before Nan Rui with. Of course, she also knew this wasn’t the time to ask questions.

What worried Old Lady Mo the most was He Zhiran’s condition. After many years of marriage among the nine Mo sons, they finally had a daughter-in-law who was pregnant. She was afraid He Zhiran doing these things would cause some accident to happen to her body.

She signaled to Mo Jiuye with her eyes, reminding him to take good care of his wife.

Mo Jiuye understood his mother’s meaning. “Don’t worry, Mother.”

Nan Rui didn’t know the hidden meaning behind the interaction between the Mo mother and son. He thought Mo Jiuye might encounter danger while looking for the expert, so he gratefully cupped his fist towards Mo Jiuye.

“As long as the gu in my Imperial Mother can be removed, even if I must trade my life for it, I would not hesitate.”

Mo Jiuye returned the courtesy. “I can only say I will do my best to find someone, but I dare not guarantee I can fulfill your wish.”

At this time, he could not make absolute promises, otherwise it would easily arouse Nan Rui's suspicion.

Mo Jiuye went straight out the door towards the foot of the mountain.

He Zhiran saw he still hadn’t come after a long time, so she entered the space and ate some fruit. By the time she came out, she saw Mo Jiuye striding quickly towards her.

The two returned to the space again, and Mo Jiuye recounted the situation with the Imperial Concubine that he had just learned.

He Zhiran more or less already knew.

“Based on the current condition of the Imperial Concubine, she has been eroded by the gu worms.”

What was called erosion by gu worms was when the spell caster activated the mother gu to torment the person carrying the child gu. If it persisted for too long, the host of the child gu would not be able to withstand the resistance and the gu worms inside the body would spread towards the heart.

This process was very fast, generally not more than five days before the host of the child gu would die.

According to what Nan Rui said, the Imperial Concubine had already been in a coma for two days. That meant the gu worms must be removed from her body within three days, otherwise her life would be in danger.

Three days was ample time for He Zhiran.

Even preparing for major surgery wouldn’t take this long, so Mo Jiuye was in no hurry to bring back news of finding the gu-dispelling expert either.

They could stay outside for one more day, then bring the news back. This way it wouldn’t arouse Nan Rui’s suspicions.

The husband and wife happened to have rare free time, especially outside, without having to worry about their family finding it odd when they couldn’t find them after entering the space.

He Zhiran hadn’t enjoyed the carefree life inside the space for a long time. She first played with her darling Rice Ball for a while before going to the warehouse with Mo Jiuye.

By now, the most abundant things in the warehouse were all kinds of crop seeds and the fruit tree saplings she had stored.

These were all going to be planted in Xi Ling Village after the spring.