Ch 89 - 90

C89: Why don’t we run now

Village Chief Liu pleaded again.

"Doctor He, I beg you!"

As he spoke, he turned to look at the villagers who still did not know what had happened.

He Zhiran reminded again: "I suggest you temporarily keep the plague a secret for now to avoid panic, which will only make things worse.

Also, you all have the potential to become infected now, so to avoid harming more people, no one can leave the cave without my permission from now on. If you can do as I say, I will try to treat you all."

Hearing that He Zhiran would try to treat them, Village Chief Liu saw a ray of hope.

He nodded repeatedly and promised: "Doctor He, please rest assured, I will definitely not spread this matter."

With Village Chief Liu's promise, He Zhiran took out a package of silver needles from her sleeve while hiding it from view.

She was currently unable to prepare medicines to treat the plague, so she could only use acupuncture to temporarily stabilize Li Tiezhu's condition and prevent it from deteriorating further.

Sure enough, she skillfully inserted silver needles at several acupoints on Li Tiezhu's body.

Mo Jiuye silently accompanied her at her side.

After about a quarter of an hour, Li Tiezhu's breathing became much smoother, though he still had not regained consciousness.

He Zhiran put away the silver needles and told Li Family Madam, "He should wake up within half an hour."

Li Family Madam thanked her profusely, thinking Li Tiezhu was fine now.

"Thank you so much for saving his life, doctor."

He Zhiran had wanted to tell her that Li Tiezhu had only temporarily stabilized and was still not completely out of danger.

But seeing Li Family Madam's relief, she held herself back from saying it.

Moreover, He Zhiran felt that there was no need to isolate everyone at this point. Those who would have contracted it have already been exposed, so to put it bluntly, everyone present had the potential to become infected with the plague if they did not take preventive medicine in time.

He Zhiran got up, and solemnly pulled Mo Jiuye to the mouth of the cave.

"I need your help."

Mo Jiuye knew the situation was urgent. All he could do was fully cooperate.

"Just tell me what you need me to do."

He Zhiran roughly explained her plan to Mo Jiuye in a volume only the two of them could hear.

Mo Jiuye nodded without hesitation: "Alright, I'll go talk to Brother Peng right away."

Peng Wang had returned to the cave of the officials. Seeing Mo Jiuye come over, he quickly asked, "Brother, how are things over there?"

Likewise not wanting the plague matter to startle too many people, Mo Jiuye pulled Peng Wang to a secluded spot.

"Brother Peng, my wife diagnosed the patient with plague."

Hearing the two words "plague", Peng Wang felt a tingling sensation on his scalp, even thinking about the possibility that they too could become infected.

Peng Wang's usual composure was gone, and he stared intently at Mo Jiuye, seemingly making some big decision.

"Brother, shouldn't we run now?"