Ch 53 - 54

C53: The outsider knows what he knows.

The Eighth Old Zhou saw that He Zhiran was furious and suddenly felt guilty.

At this moment, he no longer had the dignity a government official should have when facing a criminal.

"No, no, no, that's not what I meant."

"Then what do you mean? I've made it so clear, what more do you want?" He Zhiran was really angry now.

The thinking of these "ancient fossils" was really stubborn and ignorant. If she didn't take a stand, she would definitely be angered to death.

He Zhiran's loud shout immediately silenced the Eighth Old Zhou.

The Eighth Old Zhou looked to Peng Wang for help, hoping his boss could help him at this time.

Who knew, Peng Wang didn't help him either.

It was a case of outsiders see more clearly. What He Zhiran had explained so clearly, the Eighth Old Zhou was indeed latching onto a trivial issue.

"Old Zhou, He is your lifesaver. If you want to repay her kindness, tell those ill-intentioned people clearly that He did not kiss you. I was the one who really woke you up."

After saying this, Peng Wang felt that even his dead heart was revived.

However, compared to a woman's reputation, he felt this was nothing.

The Eighth Old Zhou did not object to this, and also felt that this was what he should do.

But as a man, he was worried that Mo Jiuye would dislike He Zhiran because of this. If that was really the case, wouldn't he become a sinner?

Thinking of this, the Eighth Old Zhou said solemnly to He Zhiran:

"I will find time to explain the misunderstanding to everyone. If Mo Jiuye still dislikes you because of this, I can be responsible for you..."

Without even thinking, it was clear what the Eighth Old Zhou wanted to say.

He Zhiran did not want to hear anything about being responsible or not. She just saved someone, and she had already explained it clearly that there was no physical contact between them.

Although the Eighth Old Zhou said this out of kindness, He Zhiran just didn't like hearing it.

The Eighth Old Zhou instinctively raised his hands.

"Ok ok, I won't say any more, I promise I won't say any more from now on..."

This woman was definitely a tigress reborn. He was really a little afraid of provoking her.

"It's not enough to not talk about it, don't even think about this matter from now on." He Zhiran warned domineeringly.

At this moment, she had completely forgotten that she was still an exiled prisoner.

Seeing that the atmosphere was almost diffused, Peng Wang hurriedly stepped in to mediate.

"Alright, alright, I'll bear witness to this. Let's pretend it never happened.

Also, He's method of saving people is not bad. If possible, take some time to teach us carefully. In case we encounter any danger on the road, we can also save ourselves."

"No problem. Chief Peng can come to me anytime if you want to learn this life-saving technique."

With the matter resolved, He Zhiran didn't want to stay here a moment longer. She bid farewell to Peng Wang and turned to leave.