Ch 83 - 84

C83: I still owe you a wedding night.

As for where exactly things had gone wrong, Nan Qi had no way of knowing and could only continue to investigate later.

Now that Mo Jiuye had gotten hold of the Seven Days Fall that was so advantageous to him, even though he'd had such a good opportunity earlier, he hadn't made a move against Nan Qi.

All of this pointed to one issue - Mo Jiuye cherished dearly the brotherly affection they had once shared.

After quite some time, Nan Qi slowly stood up and opened the door with his own hand.

"Let's go. I hope you can forget about today's matters."

Although Nan Qi's words were simple, they both understood that he would not go after Mo Jiuye again in the future.

Having accomplished their purpose in coming, He Zhiran and Mo Jiuye left the private room without any reluctance.

The two had just walked downstairs to the first floor when they saw Fei Nanyu sitting there alone, drinking.

Fei Nanyu was facing the direction of the staircase. Catching sight of them immediately, he visibly relaxed.

Then he nodded slightly at the two in greeting, without saying much else.

He Zhiran and Mo Jiuye likewise nodded back at Fei Nanyu before leaving the restaurant.

The driver had only received orders to bring them here earlier and had no idea these two would still be alive to leave. So the carriage had long since been brought 'round back.

In any case, Mo Jiuye and He Zhiran hadn't intended to let Nan Qi's people drive them back. So the two strolled leisurely through the streets of Pingyuan County.

Mo Jiuye still couldn't resist his curiosity and asked,

"Do you really have the Seven Days Fall?"

He Zhiran smiled wryly. Feeling they were no longer being tailed by Nan Qi's men, she took out that little paper package again.

Opening the package, she lightly blew on its contents. The white powder instantly dispersed, kicking up a cloud of white dust...

"This is just a smokescreen - plain flour."

Mo Jiuye was truly convinced. He didn't know what else this woman had stored up in her brain to even think up a solution like this.

For the first time before He Zhiran, a smile spread across his face, his tone unconsciously gentle and doting,

"You really are quite something."

He Zhiran was rather smug. "Of course! I have tricks aplenty up my sleeve."

Just then, as He Zhiran was getting a bit complacent, a carriage came careening down the busy street.

Mo Jiuye reflexively pulled He Zhiran into his embrace, lifting her up as he swiftly dodged to the side.

They managed to avoid the oncoming carriage, but because of the force of Mo Jiuye's movement, He Zhiran lost her balance, her face ending up right against his.

The sudden warmth made Mo Jiuye's heart start racing uncontrollably.

Moreover, he was being completely honest with himself that he really liked this feeling.

Even when the two had steadily gotten to their feet, he still didn't let go of He Zhiran, and instead hoped they could stay frozen in this position forever.

He Zhiran felt it too - her body seemed to have been suddenly jolted with electricity, numb and tingling all over.

When she raised her eyes, all she saw was Mo Jiuye's handsome visage magnified before her.