Ch 111 - 112

C111: Do you have a purpose in doing this

The prescription to treat the plague was provided by He Zhiran, and no one was clearer about the types of medicinal materials than her.

"I wonder what kind of medicinal materials Mr. Fei is looking for?"

"Now I'm only lacking the medicinal material called huanglian, I've been to two county towns but haven't found any."

Originally I was going to use Prince Qi's waist card to ask the magistrate here for help, but I just heard that the magistrate's home was robbed by thieves last night, so I'm thinking of going to the next county town to take a look."

In He Zhiran's perception, huanglian was not a rare medicinal material at all.

She just didn't know why it couldn't be bought around here.

She rolled her eyes and came up with an idea.

He Zhiran wasn't sure if the attendant by Fei Nanyu's side could be trusted, so she made a gesture at him: "Mr. Fei, may I have a word?"

Fei Nanyu naturally knew her intention.

"No problem, he can be trusted."

Since Fei Nanyu had said so, He Zhiran no longer needed to be evasive.

"Mr. Fei, I know why there is a shortage of huanglian around here."

Fei Nanyu raised his brows: "Why?"

He Zhiran had a mysterious look.

"I won't hide it from Mr. Fei. The common folk on the streets say that I was the one who severely injured the magistrate's son. I wanted to give them a lesson."

"Who would have thought, when I was eavesdropping on their conversation on the roof, I accidentally got a piece of information."

Fei Nanyu asked impatiently: "What information?"

He Zhiran then switched to fabrication mode.

"The magistrate said that the small warehouse in the eastern suburb had already been filled with piles of huanglian. In the past few days, the silver and money collected at the city gate could not even be stored."

"In order to verify the authenticity, I went to the place the magistrate mentioned that night. There really was a small warehouse there. After checking it, there was not only a large amount of huanglian inside, but also several boxes of silver and copper coins."

When Fei Nanyu heard that there was so much huanglian, his eyes lit up instantly.

He didn't have time to think about why the magistrate would hoard so much huanglian. He urged: "Please lead the way, Madam Mo. If those huanglians can be brought to Dongfeng County, the people of Dongfeng County will be saved."

All of this was fabricated by He Zhiran, so how could she possibly take Fei Nanyu to some magistrate's warehouse right away?

"Mr. Fei, my husband is seriously injured and waiting for me to buy medicine to take back. What do you think, shall we set a time and I'll take you there later?"

Hearing that Mo Jiuye was seriously injured, Fei Nanyu suddenly remembered why they were in Pingyang County.

Moreover, he was a tactful person who knew it was improper to ask outright, so he cupped his fist towards He Zhiran.

"Master Mo's injury is more urgent. See you tonight at the east gate."

"Alright, I'll be there on time." After He Zhiran finished speaking, she turned around and left.