Ch 209 - 210

C209: A Meal for the guests and Hosts

Mo Jiuye nodded: "Okay, there's no rush with the matter of the courtyard, we'll discuss the specifics again after the Cui Family's case is settled."

Xie Tianhai and Fang Chuanzhou saw that the Mo Family had bought so much farmland and courtyards in the time it took to have a meal, and they immediately became anxious.

However, when they thought about those tattered courtyards at the foot of the mountain, they really didn't dare to buy them recklessly like the Mo Family to rebuild.

After all, the silver they had was limited. If they bought those dilapidated courtyards at the foot of the mountain to rebuild, it would be like spending twice the amount.

It would be better to ask if the courtyard they were currently living in was for sale, at least they could save some silver to buy farmland.

Since Mo Jiuye had brought up buying houses, they simply asked about it too.

"Chief Zhao, I wonder if the courtyard we are currently renting is for sale?"

Chief Zhao replied: "The courtyard that the Xie family is renting belongs to our family, so I can make the decision. If the price is reasonable, of course it can be sold. As for the courtyard where the Fang family lives, it belongs to our clansmen, so I can't make decisions for others. You'll have to ask them before I can give you an answer."

When Xie Tianhai heard that the courtyard they were living in could be sold, he let out a sigh of relief in his heart. At the same time, he asked, "How much silver do you want for the courtyard we live in?"

Chief Zhao calculated in his heart and said, "My courtyard occupies more than one mu of land. I spent a total of twelve taels of silver to buy the land and build the houses back then.

The courtyard is also old now, so I'll sell it to you for twelve taels."

Xie Tianhai thought about it. Chief Zhao's courtyard was large enough for his family to live in comfortably. Although twelve taels was not a small amount for their family, it would still be cheaper than rebuilding.

Not only that, they could also avoid the hard work of building the houses.

"In that case, my Xie family will buy the courtyard."

As he finished speaking, Xie Tianhai also took out two broken silver coins from his arms and handed them to Chief Zhao.

"This is the deposit, keep it safe."

Although Second Sister-in-Law didn't know Mo Jiuye's specific purpose for buying so many dilapidated courtyards at the foot of the mountain, she was very clear that every decision made by Mo Jiuye and Lady He was absolutely right.

She sincerely hoped that her father's family would follow Mo's lead and buy houses at the foot of the mountain.

But seeing that her father was already impatient to pay the deposit, even though Second Sister-in-Law was anxious, she didn't think it was appropriate to remind him in front of so many people.

She could only wink desperately at her father, but Xie Tianhai didn't even glance at the women's table.

After winking fruitlessly for half a day, Second Sister-in-Law could only give up...

Mo Jiuye and Lady He were happy to see the Fang and Xie families planning to buy the courtyards they were currently renting.

It wasn't that they were selfish, but that they had already made preliminary plans for the utilization of the land and houses at the foot of the mountain.