Ch 113 - 114

C113: The son is unfilial, let the mother worry

Fei Nanyu was very clever.

"Mrs. Mo means to ask me to help return this silver to its rightful owner."

He Zhiran just liked dealing with smart people.

"Mr. Fei also knows that my husband and I are in a hurry to be on our way and simply don't have the time for this, not to mention our status makes it inappropriate..."

Fei Nanyu already agreed with her idea and nodded, "If Mrs. Mo trusts me, I will definitely take care of this properly."

After a pause, he went on, "The county magistrate Sun hoarded so much wolfsbane, he must have gotten someone's order to do so. Judging from the current situation in Dongfeng County, the plague is likely man-made, either to make Prince Qi's disaster relief effort fruitless, or even cost Prince Qi his life due to the plague.

It's obvious to us all who stands to benefit most from such an outcome. I'm thinking once Prince Qi learns of this matter, he will certainly retaliate.

Presumably by then, Prince Heng will be too busy dealing with it to continue going after Young Master Mo.

Also, after I return to the capital, I will think of an appropriate reason to spread word that Young Master Mo and Prince Qi had a falling out.

Once Prince Heng believes that, he will also completely abandon the idea of assassinating Young Master Mo. Then your future days will be peaceful."

He Zhiran had not expected Fei Nanyu to consider all this so quickly, and his guesses at things that might happen aligned perfectly with her own speculations.

What comforted her even more was that Fei Nanyu took the initiative to suggest spreading word of the rift between Mo Jiuye and Prince Qi of the South after returning to the capital.

This saved her and Mo Jiuye the embarrassment of having to ask him for this favor.

He Zhiran sincerely bowed to Fei Nanyu, "Thank you Mr. Fei for considering my Mo family. I thank you on behalf of all in the Mo family for your kindness."

Fei Nanyu quickly helped steady her, "Mrs. Mo is too polite. If we speak of kindness it was you who saved me first and helped me so greatly today, I should be the one expressing gratitude."

The two exchanged pleasantries for a while. Seeing it was getting late, He Zhiran took her leave. Handling the wolfsbane and silver money was now Fei Nanyu's business.

Back in the mule cart, she briefly told Mo Jiuye what had transpired before setting off driving the mule cart.

To accommodate Mo Jiuye's health, she did not dare drive too quickly.

Not until they had traveled over ten li did He Zhiran feel it was safe and send Mo Jiuye into her space to recuperate.

It wasn't until the sun had set that He Zhiran stopped to rest.

She parked the mule cart in a safe spot, then bought some feed for the mule before slipping into her space.

And so, He Zhiran would drive the mule cart by day and rest in her space at night.

On the sixth straight day of travel, Mo Jiuye guessed they were probably not far from the exiled convoy.

At this point He Zhiran had changed back into her original clothing.

The stitches had been removed from Mo Jiuye's wounds and he could move unencumbered again. He insisted on replacing He Zhiran in driving the mule cart.

He Zhiran simply sat beside him, appreciating the different ancient scenery.