Ch 389 - 390

C389: A Slow Poison

To prove his guess in his heart, Mo Jiuye flew up and quickly came to the front of the carriage with his light work.

Seeing the person coming, Mo Chuhan hurriedly pulled the reins.

He was about to scold the person blocking the way, but he saw a familiar face.

"Ninth younger brother."

"Eighth older brother, why are you here?"

Before Mo Jiuye could finish speaking, the carriage door was pushed open from the inside, revealing the face he had been missing day and night for a long time.

"Husband, I received Little White's letter and was worried, so I asked Eighth Older Brother to take me to the western border."

As she spoke, He Zhiran, with her huge belly, pretended to get out of the carriage.

Mo Jiuye quickly went up to support her.

"Ranran, your body is weak. How can you travel long distances to get here?"

Mo Jiuye's words sounded like he was blaming He Zhiran for not knowing how to take care of herself, but he was actually more distressed and ashamed in his heart.

He knew his wife best. She must have heard that they had captured Mr. Si Meng and was going to the western border to rescue her father and brother. She was worried about their physical condition, so she rushed over.

As for why it was the Eighth older brother who accompanied her, Mo Jiuye didn't need to ask to know.

Among the nine Mo brothers, the Eighth older brother had the most straightforward and gullible personality.

His wife must have taken advantage of the eighth brother's weakness and used some method to trick him into taking her to the western border.

No matter what, his wife seemed to be fine now, which made Mo Jiuye feel a little relieved.

However, his face still looked very ugly.

He Zhiran knew that her actions had worried Mo Jiuye.

"Husband, after I received the news sent by Little White, I was worried there might be some things you couldn't resolve, so I fooled the Eighth Older Brother into taking me here."

She spoke gently, which sounded like a little wife who had done something wrong in Mo Jiuye's ears.

Mo Jiuye had been missing his wife. Seeing her like this now, even if he was angry, it would disappear.

He put his arm around He Zhiran's shoulder and looked down at her bulging belly.

"Have the children been bothering you lately? Have you been resting well?"

Seeing that Mo Jiuye was no longer angry, He Zhiran nodded vigorously.

"They are very obedient. Don't worry!"

As the couple spoke, the fifth older brother's carriage and the second older brother had arrived near them.

He Zhiran didn't recognize the second older brother, but she could tell from his eyebrows that he must be one of the Mo brothers.

It was obvious that this trip to the western border had yielded great results for Mo Jiuye and his brothers.

His father was in very poor condition right now. Since his wife had come, even if Mo Jiuye still felt distressed for her, he could not give up his father's life.

He took He Zhiran's hand and briefly introduced her and the second older brother before telling her about his father's condition.

Upon hearing this, He Zhiran immediately went to the carriage where Mo Qing was riding.