Ch 195 - 196

C195: No Need to Pay

Soon after getting everything packed, a large group of people set off mightily towards the village.

Rice Ball followed closely behind He Zhiran, afraid that its owner would leave it behind.

There were many eyes in the village, and He Zhiran was worried that Rice Ball would be too conspicuous. So she slowed down her pace and fell behind the crowd. With a wave of her hand, she put Rice Ball into her space.

Everyone was busy moving now, surely no one would notice Rice Ball's disappearance.

Even if someone did notice, she could just say the little one had run out to play.

Zhao Clan Chief and Zhou Clan Chief led a few clansmen and waited in their respective directions. Seeing the mighty crowd coming, they quickly went up to greet them.

Mo Jiuye walked at the very front. He first introduced the two chiefs to the Fang and Xie families.

The Fang and Xie families knew they were renting the Zhao Family's yard.

So they went directly to Zhao Clan Chief to pay the rent.

Mo Jiuye did the same, going with He Zhiran to Zhou Clan Chief to pay the rent.

"Chief Zhou, how much rent in advance do you think is appropriate?"

Mo Jiuye was thinking that they could rent for half a year at most. When spring arrived next year and flowers bloomed everywhere, they could build their own houses and naturally would have to move out after the houses were built.

If the other party asked for a whole year's rent upfront, he would definitely have to say something.

Zhou Clan Chief was also simple and honest. He smiled and said, "I guess you all rushed here from the capital city and don't have much silver on you. Just pay monthly."

This was beyond what the two had expected.

When they rented houses around Salt Lake, the landlord insisted that they pay at least three months' rent in advance.

If it hadn't been for the high rent and Fifth Elder Brother's eloquence, they probably wouldn't even have gotten a house rented to them if they only offered one month's rent.

However, this old man had considered their possibly straitened circumstances and only asked for one month's rent.

Mo Jiuye and He Zhiran's good impression of this old clan chief kept rising.

They accepted this kindness from the old man.

Just as He Zhiran was about to take money out of her space, Fifth Elder Brother, supported by Fifth Sister-In-Law, walked over.

"Ninth younger sister, Fifth Elder Brother said he earned some silver from hunting. We'll pay the rent."

After she finished speaking, Fifth Elder Brother had already taken out a cloth bag of indistinguishable color from his bosom. In front of everyone, he poured out some broken silver and took out a piece to give to Zhou Clan Chief.

Zhou Clan Chief grasped the broken silver in his hand and weighed it roughly, only to find it was more than enough.

The old man was quite meticulous in his affairs.

"I can't weigh this silver now. I’ll have my family members take it to town tomorrow to weigh it properly. Any extra I’ll pay you back in copper coins."

Such a sincere old man, He Zhiran quite liked.

"No need, Old Father. You can keep any extra to buy meat to eat. If it falls short, you can ask us again."