Ch 317 - 318

C317: Your Satisfaction is guaranteed.

Hu Cong felt very comforted in his heart.

He actually understood the truth that times change.

Now in the northwest, no one would appreciate his skills like they used to in the past. Perhaps only the Mo family would.

Especially He Zhiran's design drawings, he was very interested. If he didn't take the lead and participate in the construction, he would probably regret it for the rest of his life.

Therefore, even if Mo Jiuye did not agree to give all the projects to him, he would still choose to participate.

It's just that he might feel a little uncomfortable in his heart.

After settling the matter, the two talked with Hu Cong about some details.

He Zhiran was also very wealthy. She directly gave Hu Cong 10,000 taels of silver bills. For ordinary commoners, this was definitely an unimaginable number.

For the current Hu Cong, it could also be described as an astronomical figure.

After all, he had been exiled to the northwest, and usually he could only rely on his skills to earn some money to make ends meet.

Although this money was not completely for him, for the current Hu Cong, it was still a huge sum.

When Hu Cong received so much silver, he was indeed a little stunned.

"Ninth Lady, what is this for?"

He Zhiran explained with a smile, "Since I have entrusted the whole matter of building the house to Elder Brother Hu, I won't interfere in anything anymore. In the future, some of the materials needed will also have to be taken care of by Elder Brother Hu personally, so the silver also includes some purchases of materials and labor."

Of course, before coming to find Hu Cong, He Zhiran had initially calculated the cost.

The cost of labor was very cheap in this era. For labor-intensive work like building a house, it only cost fifteen to twenty wen a day.

Their family was building ten yards, which was not a small project, and certainly required a lot of manpower.

If they could recruit a hundred people to work every day, with the highest price of twenty wen per day, the labor cost would only be two taels of silver per day.

The bricks, tiles and wood they needed had already been prepared before the New Year, and the number of porcelain toilets needed was not very large either. One hundred taels of silver would be enough.

The only thing that might be more expensive was the iron pipes used for floor heating. Ancient materials were scarce, and not much iron ore was mined and often controlled by the court. Therefore, the price of iron was relatively high.

Even so, it was estimated that a few thousand taels would be enough.

The remaining miscellaneous items would not cost much silver at all.

If Hu Cong could plan these expenses well and help the Mo family build the house, he could earn at least four thousand taels.

Since He Zhiran was able to calculate it clearly, Hu Cong, as a professional, could naturally calculate it even more clearly.

"Since that's the case, I won't stand on ceremony. I will definitely do my best to complete the Mo family's house and ensure your satisfaction."

"Good. Elder Brother Hu can start preparing in the next few days. As for the labor, you can discuss it with the village heads of the surrounding villages."