Ch 43 - 44

C43: Watch the Fun

He Zhiran listened to Mo Jiuye speak in such a matter-of-fact tone, and knew that he was also very helpless, so she didn't intend to continue teasing him.

"When I went to the kitchen just now, I saw Li Rou'er fooling around with an officer."

Chatting about this kind of gossip was not Mo Jiuye's forte, so he did not respond.

Seeing that he was no longer speaking, He Zhiran simply closed her eyes and continued to brew her sleepiness.

Perhaps it was because Mo Jiuye was by her side, He Zhiran's vigilance relaxed a lot.

That night she slept exceptionally soundly, and still got up early the next morning.

Just out of the door, she saw Mrs. Zhao waiting there.

Mrs. Zhao looked left and right, then pulled He Zhiran into a corner.

"Auntie, what's the matter?" He Zhiran knew that Mrs. Zhao wanted to tell her something in private, so she spoke very softly.

Mrs. Zhao looked around cautiously again, and after making sure no one was around, she said in a low voice:

"Auntie got up last night and saw the maid from the Li family fooling around with an officer."

He Zhiran had also witnessed this with her own eyes, so she was not particularly surprised.

"Auntie, that's their business. Let's just turn a blind eye."

"I wanted to turn a blind eye, but I heard what they said, and I feel I should give you a reminder."

From Mrs. Zhao's words, Li Rou'er must have mentioned her when messing around with Li Hu. Otherwise, Mrs. Zhao would not have come to find her so early in the morning.

"Auntie, did they talk about me?"

"I was a little far away at the time, but I vaguely heard that officer seem to promise Li Rou'er that he would make trouble for you."

Upon hearing this, He Zhiran's face darkened a little.

Li Rou'er really was asking for death. She saw her acting like a clown all day long, and was too lazy to pay any attention to her, yet she was still relentless.

"Thank you for the reminder, Auntie. I'll be careful."

Seeing that He Zhiran's response was nonchalant, Mrs. Zhao couldn't help but remind her.

"An officer wanting to make trouble for you is no trivial matter. You should discuss it with Jiuye and see how to deal with it!"

"I understand, Auntie. I'll discuss it with my husband in a moment."

He Zhiran verbally agreed, pretending to chat idly with Mrs. Zhao so that no one would notice anything unusual.

After sending Mrs. Zhao away, He Zhiran went to the inn's kitchen, intending to borrow a wooden basin to wash up.

At this time, Peng Wang and several officers also came out of their respective rooms.

The officers were preparing to distribute breakfast of black flour buns to the exiled prisoners. Of course, now the only recipients were the He and Li families.

As for the Fang and Xie families, Peng Wang could see yesterday that Mo Jiuye was deliberately befriending them, so of course he could not continue to watch them nibble on black flour buns, and did not go to call them to receive it.

Needless to say about the Mo family, with such a capable woman there, they certainly would not eat black flour buns.

Moreover, they had money on hand to buy some food at the inn, which was not a big deal.