Ch 181 - 182

C181: In My Turn

Village Chief Cui and Cui Minglin had just learned yesterday how formidable the Mo Family people were. Now, seeing Mo Jiuye walking over with a cold expression on his face, they cowered at once.

"What are you trying to do? Don't come over here!" Cui Minglin said fearfully.

Seeing this, Village Chief Cui's body also instinctively shrank back.

Mo Jiuye didn't bother explaining and immediately raised his whip, lashing out at Cui Liang first.

Cui Liang wasn't able to dodge in time and was hit hard several times, crying out painfully and losing all dignity.

Next, Mo Jiuye's whip ruthlessly struck Cui Minglin.

Cui Minglin had always been the village bully. Where had he ever suffered such humiliation?

After several lashes, he suddenly felt his blood boil.

He shouted at the other Cui family members in the ox cart, "Come on, everyone get him together!"

Seeing this, Village Chief Cui also forgot his earlier fear and pushed several Cui family members to surround and attack Mo Jiuye together.

Facing the group of Cui family members, Mo Jiuye showed no mercy. His whip lashed viciously at them with crushing force. The Cui family could only passively take the beating.

After pushing his clansmen forward, Village Chief Cui didn't join the attack. Instead, he circled around to He Zhiran's side from the other end of the mule cart.

He knew clearly that they were no match for Mo Jiuye. The best tactic was to control the woman and threaten the opponent that way.

Mo Jiuye had already noticed Village Chief Cui's actions long ago. He didn't go help because he knew He Zhiran was capable of handling an unskilled man without trouble.

As Village Chief Cui climbed down from the ox cart, he grabbed a not very long hemp rope along the way. He carefully crept up behind He Zhiran, just about to loop the rope around her neck, when He Zhiran suddenly leapt down from the mule cart.

He Zhiran spun and kicked out fiercely, her leg slamming into Village Chief Cui's lower abdomen.

Although He Zhiran didn't have inner energy, her technique was executed perfectly.

The kick sent Village Chief Cui flying back several meters. His whole body crashed heavily onto the ground.

He Zhiran revealed a mocking smile.

"Tsk, the village chief actually stooped so low as to sneak attack a powerless woman. It really makes one laugh."

Village Chief Cui rubbed his aching back that had hit the ground. He stared at He Zhiran in terror.

He absolutely hadn't expected that the Mo Family woman would be so formidable as well. Today, they had really kicked an iron panel.

He pointed a trembling finger at He Zhiran. "You... don't come over, or I'll report to the authorities!"

He Zhiran sneered coldly. "Report me? Go ahead. The new county prefect just arrived. I want to see if every official is as corrupt as Deputy Magistrate Cui."

When Village Chief Cui heard He Zhiran's words, his heart thudded.

He had been too angry and overlooked the news mentioned earlier by the deputies - that a new county prefect had arrived in Yun City.

He didn't know yet what kind of person this new prefect was.

If this prefect wasn't of the same circle as his nephew, then his family's good days would be over.