Ch 155 - 156

C155: Graspskin

Before this, Mo Jiuye had already helped divide those sixty-one taels of silver into two parts.

Seeing He Zhiran wanting to distribute the silver to everyone, he quickly brought over half of the divided silver.

Before making the dolls, He Zhiran had already talked about the details of the allocation of wages, so she didn’t plan on saying much more. She gave ten taels of silver to each the Fang family and the Xie family, and handed over what remained of her own portion to Eldest Sister-in-law to allocate.

The moment everyone received the silver, they thanked He Zhiran profusely.

Especially the Fang and Xie families. The silver He Zhiran brought them was literally timely rain.

If they didn’t have these taels of silver, they were afraid they would have to gnaw on black steamed buns to get through the days like the He family.

The He family people watched all of this from afar, with flames continuously spewing from their eyes.

But there was nothing they could do, as the others simply didn’t care about their mood...

After He Zhiran finished allocating the silver, she gave everyone a few reminders before returning to her own tent.

She pulled Mo Jiuye along with her as she slipped inside her space.

Earlier, when she was helping treat Sixth Sister-in-Law's illness, Mo Jiuye had held back since it was all women. Now seeing He Zhiran impatiently pulling him into her space, there must be some major problem with Sixth Sister-in-Law's health.

"How is Sixth Sister-in-Law's illness exactly?"

"Sixth Sister-in-Law likely caught a chill from staying up late making dolls outside. However, her pulse condition is more complicated than a simple cold.

Later I helped check Eldest Sister-in-Law and Second Sister-in-Law's pulses as well, and discovered irregular phenomena in their pulses too. I now suspect this very possibly has to do with the queen sending someone to poison them."

Mo Jiuye was clearly somewhat worried.

"The sisters-in-law won't be in danger, right?"

On this point, He Zhiran currently also couldn't make an accurate judgment.

"I just took the chance to draw some of Sixth Sister-in-Law's blood to test. I still don't know the exact details until after examination."

Concepts like examination were still somewhat unfamiliar to Mo Jiuye, but he didn't choose to inquire in this moment.

He Zhiran brought Sixth Sister-in-Law's blood sample to the lab, and after turning on the equipment, she started carefully operating it.

After about twenty minutes, the results for all the testing projects came out. Judging from the blood test, Sixth Sister-in-Law was still relatively healthy.

Only one index was abnormally high, already exceeding the detection range of the testing equipment.

That is to say, the equipment couldn't determine how high that index was rising.

Combing through various analyses to confirm, Sixth Sister-in-Law was indeed poisoned.

This poison wouldn't be fatal. Once the person caught a cold, it would stimulate white blood cells to quickly increase, leading to large scale inflammations in the body and causing high fever that wouldn't recede.

It was very easy for people to mistakenly diagnose this as leukemia symptoms.

Seeing He Zhiran continuously knitting her brows without saying a word, Mo Jiuye anxiously asked, "So what exactly is the situation?"