Ch 39 - 40

C39: Beat Up the He Brothers

He Zhiran took the opportunity to go to the backyard to gather firewood while her sisters-in-law were preparing the ingredients.

She happened to pass by the straw sheds where the He and Li families were staying.

Although called straw sheds, to He Zhiran these were more like animal pens.

She guessed since there were no horses brought by the passing guests today, these pens were left empty.

It was really difficult for those officials to come up with the idea of letting them stay here for a night.

The straw sheds were quite spacious, supported by several large pillars and covered fully by hay.

At first glance, they were much better than spending the night outdoors last night.

However, from a distance, she could already smell a stench of foul odor coming from the sheds. Without blocking their noses, those people probably could not fall asleep.

At the moment, the Li and He families were fighting over the spaces, both wanting to stay more inside, hence the yelling with necks stretched and faces flushed red.

He Zhiran chose to ignore them and went straight to the backyard.

But trouble came looking for her when she was not asking for it.

The He brothers had been pushing the wooden carts for a day. Learning from Li Rou'er that it was He Zhiran's idea, they had long held grievances against her.

Seeing her walking alone now, they immediately had the idea of venting their anger on her.

Seeing He Zhiran had walked far away, the two brothers did not continue arguing with the Li family. They strode towards He Zhiran with frivolous tones.

"Little slut, it was you who made us brothers work hard pushing those wooden carts the whole day. If we don't get some sweetness from you today, we brothers won't be able to sleep well tonight."

He Zhiran had always been vigilant. When she passed by the shed earlier, she had already noticed something wrong with the two brothers and was on guard against them!

Hearing the frivolous and grating voices behind her, she stopped and turned around, looking at them calmly.

In the capital city, He Ming and He Liang were often involved in bullying men and overbearing women. Facing what they intended to do now, they were quite experienced.

Seeing He Zhiran stop, He Ming approached her with an evil smile, while reaching out with his disgusting claws.

"Let brother have a feel first."

He Zhiran nimbly dodged He Ming's roaming hands. At the same time, she quickly squatted down and punched him hard in the stomach.

Taking advantage of He Ming's pain, He Zhiran swiftly stood up and swept his legs with hers.

Losing his balance, He Ming stumbled forward.

He Zhiran seized this opportunity to strike him again.

Her actions were almost seamless, leaving He Ming no chance to retaliate.

When He Liang realized things had gone wrong, he rushed over to help. But He Ming had already been beaten down.

Facing He Liang's attack, He Zhiran did not go easy. With a few simple grappling moves, she took him down as well.

Although she had beaten the two brothers down, He Zhiran still showed restrain.

After all, these two still needed to keep pushing the wooden carts tomorrow. Breaking their arms or legs would hinder their labor.