Ch 399 - 400

C399: I Can Work this Out

"Mo Jiuye, have you ever thought about what would happen if Emperor Shunwu discovered that all the men of our family are alive?"

Mo Jiuye had indeed considered this point.

However, he had been busy with the family matters and searching for the whereabouts of his father and brothers during this time. Moreover, he hadn't come up with a good strategy yet, which caused the delay.

Besides, he was always vigilant, watching out for spies sent by Emperor Shunwu or the Southern Border.

He had planned to deal with these issues after rescuing his father and brothers and settling the family down.

Now that his father asked him, Mo Jiuye helplessly shook his head, "Son hasn't come up with a good solution yet."

Mo Qing sighed helplessly upon hearing Mo Jiuye's reply.

Even though he had some plans in mind, it was impossible to carry out such actions without sufficient funds.

He knew that He Zhiran, who had been quiet all along, already had some ideas, and she also guessed some of Mo Qing's thoughts.

"Father, there's no need to worry about the silver coins. I can find a way to solve that problem."

Stealthily raising an army?

What's difficult about that?

Not to mention that she had an endless supply of silver coins in her space, she also possessed powerful weapons.

Raising an army didn't require thousands of soldiers, just about a thousand or eight hundred elite troops would be enough.

Moreover, since the last invasion by the barbarians, she had a thought in mind.

She wanted to wait for Mo Jiuye to return so they could discuss the development of gunpowder.

Once gunpowder was successfully developed, they could create powerful weapons. Although these weapons couldn't compare to the ones in her space, they would be invincible in this era of cold weapons.

Furthermore, there were many men in the Mo family, and they were all righteous individuals. When it came to developing gunpowder, they could assign their own people to do it.

Considering today's presence of Tao Ran and the others, He Zhiran did not mention this idea.

Even so, she made it clear that there was absolutely no problem with the Mo family secretly raising an army.

Moreover, they had purchased a large piece of land and built a camp in a concealed area in the mountains, which allowed them to raise an army without anyone noticing.

In fact, Mo Qing was not the only one who realized this. The Mo brothers were also concerned about raising an army.

Now that their father was the first to bring it up, it meant that this matter needed to be officially put on the agenda.

However, they were well aware of the expenses involved in raising an army, and it was not something that could be achieved with just a small amount of money.

Even if they tried their best to earn money, it was probably impossible for them to raise an army.

Surprisingly, their Ninth Sister-in-law casually said it without any confidence.

Not only that, she also said that there was no need to worry about the silver coins, as she could find a way to solve that problem.

Ninth Sister-in-law was indeed good at making money, but they also saw that although the family had daily income, that profit could be considered abundant for ordinary people. If they used that income to raise an army, it would be like a drop in the bucket.