Ch 97 - 98

C97: These People are After Me.

Seeing that Peng Wang's words had the desired effect, the Fang family finally breathed a sigh of relief.

Fang Chuanzhou took the initiative to find He Zhiran and asked her to help set Zhao's dislocated bones.

At the same time, the rest of the Fang family had already arrived in front of Mo Jiuye and knelt down to kowtow one after another, sincerely thanking him for saving Zhao's life.

He Zhiran skillfully pushed Zhao's protruding bones back into place and then used several small wooden sticks she had just found to immobilize the injury.

The Fang family thanked He Zhiran profusely once again.

Fang Chuanzhou even boasted that it was Mo Jiuye and He Zhiran who had saved Zhao’s life, and from now on the Fang family would work like oxen and horses to repay them.

After staying for a while, everyone continued on their way until they found a mountain gorge to rest in before nightfall.

With Mo Jiuye around, He Zhiran didn’t need to worry about whether the surroundings were safe or not, she only needed to focus on resting.

The sisters-in-law were also scrambling to prepare dinner, so He Zhiran suddenly had free time.

The mountain winds were strong. After dinner, everyone crowded back into the tents.

Although Mo Jiuye was there, He Zhiran still did not rest easy in such an environment.

Her consciousness entered her space dimension and looked at the clock on the wall, it was past three in the morning now.

There was still some time before wake up, He Zhiran closed her eyes, intending to sleep a little longer.

Just as her consciousness was hazy, she felt Mo Jiuye next to her suddenly sit up.

At the same time, she also vaguely sensed rustling sounds nearby.

He Zhiran instinctively sat up and her eyes met Mo Jiuye’s. They almost simultaneously sensed the smell of danger.

The couple tidied up quickly and walked out of the tent together.

The moment they appeared outside the tent, they saw the two guarding officers had almost simultaneously been shot in the chest with arrows and instantly collapsed to the ground.

Mo Jiuye instinctively pulled He Zhiran to his side and spoke urgently at a rapid speed.

"These people are after me, stay here and don't move. I'll lure them away."

No sooner had he finished speaking than his body was already leaping into the air. After a few ups and downs, he raced towards a nearby clump of trees.

Dozens of figures in black appeared one after another, pushing their speed to the limit as they closely followed Mo Jiuye's footsteps, occasionally firing an arrow in his direction.

At the same time, Peng Wang and the other officers also heard the commotion outside and came out one by one, bleary-eyed, to see what was going on.

Seeing their two colleagues lying in pools of blood, Peng Wang immediately rushed over with his men.

He Zhiran watched Mo Jiuye's figure quickly disappear. There was only one thought in her mind.

She wanted to fight alongside Mo Jiuye.

With this thought, He Zhiran also sprang into action. She shouted at Peng Wang,

"Peng Ge, there are assassins. I'm going to help my husband."