Ch 221 - 222

C221: Nothing short of bottomless indulgence.

Furthermore, regarding those abandoned courtyards, it's possible that they considered the fact that there are nine family members living in the house. Regardless of the size of the population, if the family decides to separate in the future, having more houses would be beneficial.

However, just when he finally understood the reason why Mo Jiuye bought so much land and courtyards, Mo Jiuge dropped another bombshell.

"Jiuge, what's the use of buying that barren mountain? It can't be used for growing crops."

Mo Jiuye knew that as soon as he mentioned buying a mountain, the other party would have such thoughts.

Anyway, the things they would do in the future would have to come to light, and there was no need to keep it a secret.

"My wife made an agreement with that foreigner. The next time he comes, he will bring some specialty fruit trees from their hometown. It is said that many of those fruit trees grow on the mountainside, so I plan to buy a piece of mountain to try cultivation."

As he explained, not only did Meng Huaining fail to understand, but even Mo Chuhan also disagreed.

"Jiudi, I know that Jiumei's maternal family gave her a considerable amount of money before she was exiled. With that money, you should save some for future needs. Besides, even if those foreigner's fruit tree saplings do come, it's uncertain whether they can be successfully planted in the northwest's climate."

Mo Jiuye couldn't explain too much about this matter. Only he knew that the fruit tree seeds in his wife's space didn't care about climate or soil quality.

"Baoge, if Ranan likes them, then let her have her way this time."

Speaking like this, his younger brother pampering his wife, what could he, as the older brother, say?

Mo Chuhan wisely kept his mouth shut.

Seeing that Mo Jiuye had already said so much, Meng Huaining, as an outsider, didn't feel the need to advise him any further.

"The government has always had regulations that set the selling price of mountains the same as wasteland, which is one or two silver coins per mu. But Jiuge, you can rest assured, when my people come to survey, we'll add some water."

In any case, this was all he could do. Hopefully, your fruit can be successfully cultivated."

"And also, when Meng Brothers send people to survey the barren land in the north, they can measure it as well," Mo Jiuye continued.

"That's not a problem. I'll send people to survey it tomorrow."

After a pause, Meng Huaining couldn't help but ask.

"Jiuge, with you buying so much barren land, it won't be productive for several years. Why not wait until the Cui family sells their fertile land before making a move?"

Mo Jiuye understood that Meng Huaining's words were all for his own good.

If it were someone else buying so much unproductive barren land, he would also have such doubts.

Since today's conversation had reached this point, Mo Jiuye didn't intend to conceal anything.

"My wife bought some high-yielding crop seeds from that foreigner. It is said that these seeds don't care about soil quality, so she wants to give them a try, and naturally, I support her."

It's He Zhiran again...

Meng Huaining had already noticed it when they first met. Mo Jiuye dotes on his wife, but now it seems that it's not just doting anymore.