Ch 33 - 34

C33: Catch a Fish

Right after that, she quickly flipped the stick and swung it towards the shore, sending a live big carp flopping in front of the Mo women.

"Sisters-in-law, put the fish away."

He Zhiran didn't think much of it herself. For her, this kind of fishing method was just child's play.

In her previous life when she went on missions, she often had to camp outdoors, so it was only natural for her to grasp some wilderness survival skills.

However, others didn't think the same way.

Everyone was stunned by her effortless actions, even the guards were sighing that they were no match for her.

Every year when they escorted prisoners, they would pass by here and knew there were fish in this river.

They had tried to catch fish before without any success.

They just thought about bringing a fishing net next time but ended up forgetting about it.

Seeing He Zhiran had already caught the second fish, the guards were even secretly admiring her in their hearts.

The Mo women originally wanted to dissuade He Zhiran from revealing her feet, but now seeing the two live big carps in front of them, they had already forgotten their original intention.

Especially Old Lady Mo reassured herself even more.

Women adhering to such proprieties was just to avoid criticism and dislike from their husband's family.

Anyway, He Zhiran was their daughter-in-law, as long as the Mo family didn't look down on her, revealing her feet was fine...

Since Mo Jiuye had already chosen to wake up early, he didn't continue pretending to sleep.

He also benefited from Peng Wang's favor, as their plank cart was parked in the shadiest spot, and that spot didn't obstruct He Zhiran from catching fish at all.

Peng Wang was also stunned by He Zhiran's ability, and couldn't help but say to Mo Jiuye:

"You really have good fortune. You married such a capable wife just a day before your exile."

At this moment, Mo Jiuye also had mixed feelings.

He didn't know why the He house's young miss, who never stepped out of her inner chamber, would have such abilities exceeding most men.

At the same time, he also had the same thought as Peng Wang.

Although this method of catching fish seemed easy to ordinary people, he could also do it perfectly.

However, this seemingly simple action would be impossible without a certain level of martial arts foundation.

He wondered what good deed he had done to be able to marry such an extraordinary wife before his exile.

At the same time, he became even more curious about everything regarding He Zhiran...

Li Rou'er stood not far away, staring fiercely at the scene.

She never knew that fool He Zhiran had such great skills.

Previously in front of her, she had really concealed her abilities.

The more Li Rou'er thought about it, the more upset she felt. Unconsciously, she came to the riverside.

"He Zhiran, you really have no shame, actually catching fish barefoot in front of everyone without fear of ridicule."